“Fun in the Sun”

Ranked #25 of 51 Hotels in Key West
New Port Richey, Florida
“Fun in the Sun”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

December in the northeast can be cold and winter is just starting. We decided to go to Key West to warm up. We stayed at the Hyatt Key West Resort & Spa. Our room was one back from the ocean with ocean views. The room was large with a very large bath area. The pool area had a jacuzzi and pool with a great poolside bar. Put on your bathing suit, take a dip and enjoy a drink poolside. All the Key West attractions are within easy walking distance from this hotel. We will return!

Room Tip: Perchase a breakfast package with your room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hi George, I am glad to hear you were able to get out of the cold northeast and enjoy warm Key West! Thank you for your feedback on your room, our location and the pool/pool bar. We will see you soon on your next trip to the Keys!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Pros....
Great hotel for the following reasons... clean room, wonderful location, great spa services, views gorgeous, room service outstanding, hotel food 5 star, and friendly front desk. This is not a party hotel its a relaxing spot. Great place to relax, go on a honeymoon, or go exploring Key West.

Cons....
Great hotel five stars across the board. The only con that I can think of is the female daytime Concierge was rude and refused to assist me. I was asked repeatedly if I was a guest of the hotel. I felt judged that she did not feel I was a guest based on my appearance. I had to book my Spa services in my room because she made me feel so uncomfortable. This did NOT ruin my stay or experience but would have rated hotel even higher if it was not for her. All other service providers from front desk to spa were excellent. Workers were all 5 stars except for concierge.

Tip....
Ask for Cheryl at the Spa for a massage. She was wonderful! Spa services are private and the entire spa is yours.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank pennynickledime16
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms, location, restaurant and spa services. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding the concierge and will pass on your comments to our management team. Please consider us again on your next trip to Key West.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I highly recommend the Hyatt Key West on Front St. The staff were wonderful, gave us a free upgrade to a full water view, and the room was spectacular. This is a quiet refuge close to Duval St and all the action while being tucked away on a beautiful point on Front St. The pool is very nice and overlooks the water and Sunset Key. The onsite restaurant has a full panoramic water view and offers excellent service, strong coffee, and great dishes. You can rent electric golf carts, bikes, etc. right on site. There is a decent fitness room next to the pool, making it easy to fit in your work out.The room prices are high but the location and amenities made it worth it. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you Hyatt.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TheOwensTeam
Dear Owens, thank you for the recommendation! We love to hear from our guests and your feedback regarding our staff, location, and restaurant made our day. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Key West!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very convenient with Duvall Street a couple blocks over, so everything was walkable. The rooms were nice with updated bathrooms and nice balconies. Everyone was very friendly as well. I came to this hotel with my sister and we thought it was nice but overpriced for what you get. You also pay a resort fee that includes your bottled water(2), parking and Internet. Since we didn't have a car, it was sort of a waste of money. The rooms were $600 plus the resort charge a night. Two of the five nights we were there, the hotel closed down the bar and restaurant for private parties. It was lucky to be so close to many outside bars and restaurants, but was inconvenient to not be able to buy a drink at the hotel after 5pm a few nights.

There were not many places to lounge out in the sun and no beach, however there was a small public beach called Simonton Beach next to the hotel. This beach had a small bar and restaurant. Food was good and reasonably priced. You could rent a chair and umbrella for $10 an additional chair for $10. We may return to Key West, but will most likely stay elsewhere.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SwimMom98
Hello and thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our guestrooms and convenient location. I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding our resort fee and private parties with our team. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.
Erbil, Iraq
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided we needed a break (we live in California, I work overseas) so we decided on a week in Key West. After reading numerous reviews (and I'm a Hilton Hhonors guy!) we decided on the Hyatt Key West. Good call!!! I called the night before we arrived and was advised that we had been upgraded. Good start! Champaign on arrival was nice as was the excellent front desk and bell staff! The room was nice with a decent view. My only real complaint (and it was dealt with immediately) was a miss communication with housekeeping. Great location, excellent staff, the usual garbage resort fees. All in all, I highly recommend this property! We'll be back!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Skyymann
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your week long break in Key West! We appreciate the recommendation and hope to see you soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Left the kids at home and went for a couples getaway! The hotel was fabulous. The location was perfect. It was a quick stroll to the heart of the Duvall Street nightlife but very peaceful lounging by the pool during the day. Also close to the marina and all the great restaurants there. Staff was great, view was great. Rooms were up dated and clean. Will stay here every time I visit.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
It is great hearing from you. Your comment about your best vacation ever truly made our day! Thank you so much. I will be sure to share your feedback with our staff. We hope to see you soon!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

In all of my hotel years have i come across as wonderful a property, staff, and room as this Hyatt. Chelsea at the front desk was wonderful and greeted us whenever she came across us on the property. Young lady that checked us in (high pitched voice) was a sweetheart. Justin (concierge) with the recommendation of Latitude was stellar. We had a room with a view of the harbor, the scooter rentals were great, Duval is a couple of blocks away easy walk. We are already planning a return trip! Shor Restaurant was just ok....pool food was awesome.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark P
Dear Mark, thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding our staff and resort. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Chelsea and Justin. Please let us know if we can assist with your return trip to Key West!