This Hyatt is a compact property located right on the water in a prime Key West location. The views are amazing, especially if you splurge on one of the top floor rooms in building one as I was lucky enough to do. We had prime views of the water from our tiny private balcony and glorious views of the sunset from just outside the door to our room.
The room was comfortable (great bed) if a bit cramped. We both slept well - the room was quiet, the air conditioning just loud enough to block out any noise from the bar next door, and the lighting was fantastic. We liked the dimmable lamps. The large spa like bathroom was great especially the big shower. Two complaints about the room - no towel racks for hanging the towels just two tiny hooks and the cable was terrible. But, you won't want to spend much time in your room in Key West.
If you are into lounging by the pool or enjoying the beach, this hotel may not be for you. The pool area is nice but small and the beach is tiny and crowded. The bar was nice, especially at night with the sea breezes blowing in and the bartender was very friendly and helpful.
The hotel has the standard gift shop and a restaurant with a nice veranda where we enjoyed a nice al fresco breakfast and watched the boats heading out. Prices however, are steep. Eggs Benedict is $15 and that included nothing else. Breakfast for two - two entrees, two juices and two coffees and a side of hash browns was $60, with the gratuity already added in.
My husband and I enjoyed the accessibility. It's an easy walk to everything from this hotel. Park your car and walk or rent a bike or scooter. One tip - once you park your car, don't move it. Parking here is at a premium - the lot is small and spaces are in demand so don't give up your spot.
Overall, this place was nice, a splurge for us, You pay for that view and location because the included amenities, in my opinion, do not justify the cost. I've stayed in other Hyatts and in other chains and gotten more bang for my buck. And Hyatt would do well to eliminate the resort fee - parking and two bottles of water should be included in the cost of a $500 a night room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in a private retreat at our enticing Hyatt Centric Key West Resort. This luxurious haven is the standard against which all others will be viewed. The art of blending modern luxury and impeccable service with a premier setting has been perfected at our incredible Key West Florida resort hotel set along the waterfront. Old world architectural touches invoke Hemingway's mystique throughout this intimate island setting. Encounter casually elegant Florida touches, perfectly combined with a world-class spa, a 24-hour fitness center, remarkable cuisine, and modern amenities such as Drybar Buttercup blow dryers and eco-friendly bath products! Explore the best of Key West, including nearby fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, renowned sunsets, and historic Old Town. Allow our comfortably millennial-modern Key West Florida resort hotel to treat you to a new level of sophistication, in a breathtaking locale.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Key West Hotel Key West
- Key West Hyatt
- Hyatt Centric Key West Resort And Spa Florida