“So Romantic”

Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa
Ranked #25 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself it beautiful and has every facility you might ever need. The staff we're extremely helpful and very polite. The only thing that stopped my rating this 5 was the room - wasn't huge and the air conditioning unit was very loud. We turned the air con off during the night so we got a bit hot but not a massive problem as we were only staying for 1 night. I would happily stay here again bit would ask for a different room- although a beach view is great! Take time to explore the island because it's like nothing I have ever experienced.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our grounds and staff. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioner in your room. I will be sure to bring your concerns to our Engineering department. I hope to welcome you back soon to Key West!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were fortunate enough to book this place when they were running a rate special because normally its pretty pricey. The taxi cab drivers told us when they have multiple calls and one of them is for the Hyatt they respond to that first. Great location. Has its own beach although small very serviceable. Nice pool with food and drink service right there. Plenty of aquatic things to do right there (renting personal water crafts, etc). Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay with us last summer including our location, beach, pool and staff. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team. I hope to welcome you back soon to the Hyatt Key West!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Couldn't beat the location to downtown and the marina. The hotel sits on the water, so the views/sunsets are spectacular. Was slightly let down by the size of their pool, was hoping for something a little bigger however, what makes up for that is the happy hour special at the pool bar- great deals! Our room was spacious and was pleasantly surprised by the bathroom; very large, amazing stand-up shower and shower head- great toiletries- very spa like.
Not much in the way of a beach but there is a dock attached to the hotel where you can sun bathe, take out jet skis, or enjoy the beautiful sun set.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the ocean would be great. We booked a regular double room, and it was just pe...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Nicole, thank you for leaving a review. We love to hear from our guests and I am happy that you were able to enjoy our location, views, happy hour specials and guest rooms. Thank you for your feedback regarding the pool area. I will be sure to share all your comments with our team. Please consider us again on your next trip to Key West!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went with my husband, stayed with 90+ coworkers - but we were all there for pleasure, not business! Served champagne on check-in while we waited, I assume this is not an everyday thing though. Check-in was very fast. $300 incidentals deposit was required. We got an upgraded room (ocean view), so that we would not have to wait for a room, being the last ones in line with our group that arrived at 12:30pm. HEADS UP: ocean side in Building 1 faces another resort that get quite noisy during the day (band, music, activities) - we were not bothered by it, we were out all day or enjoyed the band one day. Room was very clean, and stocked with free water each morning. WISH: balconies should have a drying line for towels, suits, etc.

Food at the pool was great. Drink service was quick, servers always coming around ($8 for bar rail, $10+ for cocktails). The pool was clean and cool, hot tub was relaxing. Pool is about 4 feet deep all around, oddly shaped - not made for doing laps if that is your thing. There was always a chair available by the pool. Pool is not library silent, but not a big party either - just right. Everything closes up around 10 or 11. We noticed there are chair lifts for those that require it. Also, a cabana for two to rent.

Everything we needed was right there - we were able to rent jet skis ($150 island tour), and an electric car (we got a six seater, not sure of the price $280?) right on the premises. We had a reception the first night - food was good, lots of choice. WISH: one buffet line for 100 people is not enough, half the room was done and mingling by the time we sat down with food. Our sunset cruise picked us up right at the dock. A couple blocks from the top of Duval Street, lots of shops, bars, and restaurants nearby. The beach is small, but quiet and we saw people snorkelling. HEADS UP: if it's windy, sea weeds will take over the little inlet - we didn't use the beach at all, and I'm not sure they could do anything about them.

I would recommend the hotel, and stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Danielle M

Hi Danielle, thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. I am so glad that you were able to visit Key West for pleasure with your group! It's sounds like you and husband had a great time and were able to take advantage of our food, pool, and on-site activities. I hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Key West again!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt last year after many years at the Ocean Key Resort & Spa, and I was pleasantly surprised by several things. We asked and got a lovely full ocean view room with a large balcony. Our only issue was construction (they were renovating and had informed us) that was right next to our balcony so when I'd go out I could see the workers (and them, me...) so I had to be careful of what I was wearing. I didn't realize the construction was so close to our room. With that said, I really like this hotel. Yes, it's on the higher end of the price scale but discounts are offered and free nights, depending on how long your stay is. I thought the pool area was small but kept clean and there is a teeny tiny patch of "beach" that gives you access to the Gulf waters and a small dock. Read - Small. Nevertheless, if you prefer salt water to pool water it's a nice thing. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was large and clean. The floors can get very slippery when wet so wearing some type of shoe is advisable. My hubby fell and we thought he'd broken his leg but he ended up ok and we never told the folks there. Very good A/C system. Anyone who stays in KW knows AC is important. The hotel is right on the end of Front Street so it's quiet and yet only a few minutes walk to Duval St. and Mallory Square. Like I said, I was a regular at Ocean Key but in one trip, Hyatt Key West made me feel more special than Ocean Key had in years. The turtle pond and parrots greet you on the way in and out which is quite charming. Wonderful.

Room Tip: We asked for Ocean View and got exactly what we wanted. Just lovely!!! We saw manatee, dolphin and...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hi Roz, thank you for leaving a review. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last fall. I appreciate you comments and will definitely share with our team. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

i want to thank bridgette at the front office for her great customer service i was really impressed, i went with my boyfriend to spend 1 night and we had the best experince ever , also every member of the hotel made us feel at home at all times. the food is amazing and plus we found everything that we needed, if you're going to this hotel try to do the jet-ski's. they are amazing especially with the beautiful wate/views and the hotel has the facility for you to do that, i would definitely choose this hotel for my next visit to key west! i was very impressed.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room that doesn't face the pool for more privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marcel P

Hi Daniel, thank you so much for your feedback. I truly appreciate your comments especially regarding Bridgette. I will definitely share with her. She will be very excited to hear from you. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We checked in late afternoon with a very warm and pleasant check in with Bridgitte. We got up to our room and it was much larger than an ordinary room. Great amenities and great balcony. The view is great and location couldn't be better. Right near Duval and many restaurants. I was so surprised to actually find wonderful service wherever we went. From the servers at the pool bar to the front office staff.
Bathroom was large. Food was great! Drinks were also great! The guys at the Onsite jet ski rental company was also very nice.

The pool is quite small for this resort. Although they have nice furniture and great service it is definitely a little too small.
Additionally many rooms look down onto the pool and people check in to other buildings and then wheel their luggage through the pool area. We did this too as we did not notice the wooden walkway behind the pool to our building (not a major issue obviously)

All in all this is a great property with even better staff who are very knowledgeable and friendly!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for leaving a review. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, balcony and food. It is great that you were able to use the jet ski rentals as well. Thank you for your feedback regarding the pool area. I will definitely share with our team and will pass on your kind words to Bridgette as well. Thanks again!