“The best Hyatt I have ever been to!”

Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had the most amazing stay at the Hyatt Key West Resort & Spa. Everything was spectacular from check in to check out. I was checked in by Stacy, the front desk supervisor. She was very friendly and informative. She provided me with suggestions of places to visit, which was very helpful. We even received complimentary champagne upon our arrival. The room was gorgeous. I loved the decor, especially the color scheme. The waterfall shower was a beautiful feature. Each and every detail throughout the hotel reflected the essence of the Florida Keys. We rented scooters from the property, and that was one of the highlights of our stay. Also, a food amenity was sent to our room. It was delicious and extremely thoughtful. The beach area was really nice. We spent a lot of time laying out there. The floating dock is another great feature. It was fun to swim out to it and lay out in the middle of the water. The pool and beach area are smaller in size, but they are maintained beautifully. I had such a wonderful experience. I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank sunkissed247
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Good day! Thank you for your feedback. I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed our staff, room, beach and pool. Thank you for the kind words regarding Stacy. I have shared your comments with her. I hope to welcome you back soon to the Hyatt Key West.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights recently. It was the best choice to stay at this hotel. Location is very good (all water activities, shops, and restaurants are very close). The hotel is not high rise building and not that huge, so looks like there are not that many guest rooms. Not crowded, always lounge or beach chairs are available. Next the bar and swimming pool, there is a nice snorkeling spot. We did snorkeling when we went out for water activity in the middle of the sea, but this spot by the hotel is better: very convenient to approach, shallow, and clean. We can relax on beach chair while my teenager son was snorkeling. The food and drinks at the bar are delicious and resonably priced. Worldcup game special menus were great! Their happy hour menu and daily specials are good too. I feel like staying at vacation house not at hotel. Cozy and feeling at home. Definately go back to this hotel next time again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank greatjoy128
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and i absolutely loved this hotel! We were lucky enough to get this as a "Hotwire" purchase, so we paid about half of the regular rate (which i understand was close to $500 a night) Upon check in we were greeted with Champagne, and the 2 women at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are very modern and up to date with huge bathrooms and a phenomenal shower! The location was perfect...quick walk to Duvall...next to the Marina and across the street from the Rum Barrel. The only issue we really had was that it is NOT a cheap place to stay...VERY expensive and not really sure that a standard room is worth $500 a night, but hey, that's Key West. I can say though, for the right price, we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank langosta
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was our second time staying at this property. Last year was excellent - this year we had one incident on the first day that disappointed us. The good stuff first! We arrived at 10:00 AM and a very nice woman (I forgot her name), said she had a room for us and actually upgraded our room. The room overlooked the ocean to the right and was a perfect view. During the World Cup games, they had specials at the bar and the 25 cent wings were a hit with everyone and they were good! The staff, with the exception of one person, were very nice - I hate to say this, but they were not as nice and friendly as the employees last year. Jason, the Concierge was tremendous and was able to get us reservations at Louies. Now, for the bad and the one staff person. Last year, we were able to go into the restaurant and to the right was a coffee-to-go set up where we could get coffee and tea to go at no charge. When we walked in the restaurant the first morning, we looked to the right and didn't see the coffee, a woman came over to us and we asked where the coffee set up was and she pointed in the other direction and on a small table was a coffee-to-go set up. We were a little surprised when we saw the prices listed ($3.50) for a coffee and tea. The woman (she had short blond hair - didn't get her name, but one of the new friends we met nicknamed her Miss Snitt - which was appropriate!), hovered over us presumably to make sure we didn't take more than one cup and immediately asked if she could charge it to our room. Again we were surprised and mentioned that last year the coffee set up was in a different location and was free. She said, very snobbishly, that coffee hadn't been in that location or free in more than five years. This was the only incident that really annoyed us. YOur would think for the price we paid for the rooms, they least they could do was give us a cup of coffee! Fortunately, across the street is a place called Two Friends Restaurant that serves coffee and tea and she was more than welcoming when we told her our story. She even refilled our cups at no charge. The only downsize to Two Friends is that they don't open until 8 and my husband and I like to get an early start. Other than that the hotel was great and we were able to request clean up service between 8-12.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slb200
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed 3 night with family.Rooms are wide, clean and very comfortable.Staff was perfect.Pool and beach ok.You can find any kind of watersport in hotel.Bar service is very good and prices are affordable.You can reach main street bars and restaurants, gift shops easily.I will visit and stay again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A lovely hotel with lovely friendly staff, a nice outlook and good location but I just felt that it was all a bit tired. Our room was ok, a good size but not really that luxurious. The bar area was ok and the pool was quite small. We ate breakfast in the restaurant on two occasions which was nice but it was table service and I really prefer buffet breakfast. The gym was very small. Also the bar closes incredibly early! one evening my husband and I returned to the hotel around 10pm hoping for a nightcap and the bar was closed! This is usually unheard of in most hotels.
Would definitely return to Key west but would not choose the Hyatt again. Having stayed in other Hyatt hotels I would say it didn't really match up.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cfh30
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Good day and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences during your stay. We’re pleased that you enjoyed Hyatt Key West’s location, view and our friendly staff. Thank you for your input regarding the room quality, bar and pool, and your breakfast experience. Please know that your feedback is very important to us to continue to learn and grow as a resort. Your comments have been shared with our management team, as we continue to strive for the highest of service levels. For any further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at kim.mesenburg@hyatt.com.

Best Regards,
Kim Mesenburg

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week back in April. I cannot find enough good words to describe our stay. It was absolutely perfect. Staff was very professional and extremely friendly. We weren’t 100% happy with our room, facing the parking lot and they found very nice room overlooking the pool and ocean on the next day.

Bar service and quality of drinks and food was outstanding. Restaurant food was very good, we were going for breakfast every day and enjoyed it.

Pool was on a smaller side, but very clean and I and my daughter had lots of fun swimming and splashing. Well, after all, you’re in Florida not to swim in the pool, we went to Fort Zachary on few occasions. There is a very nice beach and you can also enjoy snorkeling there.

We decided to take snorkeling tour with the Floridays boat. It was the best snorkeling tour we ever took. Alexis and Shannon did great job, very friendly and professional, the reef was amazing; we absolutely enjoyed the tour.

I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Igor_E_211
Kim M, Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Good day and thank you for your feedback. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your April stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our bar, restaurant, pool and snorkeling trip. I will be sure to share your comments with our team, especially regarding our staff. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Key West!