As a 4 year Diamond member of Hyatt, I feel extremely qualified to rate this Hyatt vs. others. It was very dissapointing. It has the feel of an ordinary Beach hotel with a standard style Hotel room and nothing special. Think about any that have that annoying, loud window style AC unit. Ours didn't cool well and we needed the fan just to survive. It has a tiny balcony that can only fit 2 people. For a Hyatt "Resort" you expect more. You get the feeling of "ordinary" from when you check in. It has an extremly small lobby, not what you expect when looking for a place to hang out or meet your friends as you would in a normal resort.You just can't do that there. The lowest rated Hyatts "Hyatt Place" are better. There is no Starbucks, Bfest has a limited,overpriced menu, no buffet. Service around the resort was horrbile. The Bellman was a kid who had no personality, unwelcoming and clearly hated his job. The wait staff at Breakfest, didn't refill beverages, got my order wrong and had no personality. The Hostess though was plesant, she gets it. The swimming pool area was about the size of a Cruise Ship's pool and their "private" beach is only big enough for 4 lounge chairs...good luck gettting those(not that you would want to). The swimming area is next to a boat dock(really) and about the size of their pool. If you are used to a "Hyatt" style beach resort this is a joke. They shouldn't even be able to say they have a beach. I realize that space on Key West is limited and the location of the hotel is excellent...but you should know what you are getting. Plus' include jetski, scooter rentals on site and a concierge who can help you book excursions. The downside their selections are limited and don't include some of the better ones on the island like "Danger Charters". Overall Hyatt should be completely ashamed of saying this is a resort. I would give it a serious 2 1/2 stars not 4. I choose Hyatt and stay in them because mostly they are a cut above the rest. I will not stay here again. there are better choices for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in a private retreat at our enticing Hyatt Centric Key West Resort. This luxurious haven is the standard against which all others will be viewed. The art of blending modern luxury and impeccable service with a premier setting has been perfected at our incredible Key West Florida resort hotel set along the waterfront. Old world architectural touches invoke Hemingway's mystique throughout this intimate island setting. Encounter casually elegant Florida touches, perfectly combined with a world-class spa, a 24-hour fitness center, remarkable cuisine, and modern amenities such as Drybar Buttercup blow dryers and eco-friendly bath products! Explore the best of Key West, including nearby fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, renowned sunsets, and historic Old Town. Allow our comfortably millennial-modern Key West Florida resort hotel to treat you to a new level of sophistication, in a breathtaking locale.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Destinology, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Key West Hotel Key West
- Key West Hyatt
- Hyatt Centric Key West Resort And Spa Florida