Although we would definitely still recommend this hotel to a friend, there were a few things that could have been better. The walls are quite thin, therefore, sleeping wasn't great as you could hear every little noise.
A few other areas of opportunity were the times at which they cleaned the facilities. I understand they need to stay on top of cleaning for obvious reasons but we were constantly having to get out of the way of housekeeping. From sweeping the lobby floors to vacuuming the halls, I've just never seen so much going on under the guests feet before when traveling.
I also felt there should always be complimentary tea/coffee for guests in the hotel lobby like most other hotels offer....having to pay for Starbucks coffee every morning in their gift shop was beyond crazy to me when you are already paying such high rates for a nice hotel. They had these small espresso/keurig type of pots in the rooms but the coffee out of them was awful so we had to pay for Starbucks coffee which we don't even like.
The last thing which was quite upsetting was the number of outsiders coming in to use the facilities when they weren't even staying at the hotel. They came by the carloads and when we were the ones paying the high prices to stay at this luxury resort, we somedays couldn't even get seats by the pool, drink service, towel service. There should be some sort of security to minimize this abuse and it would have been quite easy to take care of it as those people were loudly bragging about what they had done to everyone around them. This happened on multiple occasions throughout our 5 day stay.
Now, with all of those suggestions, the one thing I can't say enough positive things about was the pool side service...most especially, our pool side concierge, Max. He went out of his way to make us comfortable and meet our every need and ALWAYS with a huge smile! Even on his day off when he came in to pick up his paycheck, we found him moving pool chairs around for guests on a busy holiday weekend. Max was the best part of staying at this resort and I would pay him our highest compliments!
Overall, I would still recognize this hotel as a good place to stay but with some minor improvements, it could be a great place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West
- Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Key West, Florida