“Definitely not what was expected.”

Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The Casa Marina is not the prestigious, reputable resort they claim to be. For over $300 a night, I simply expect some effort. Our room was never even swept or vaccumed during our 8 day stay. They claim to have pool service, however admist all the employees only one came up to us to serve us during our entire stay. The pool server Ashley R. was literally the only employee who came up to service us. And she did it with a smile and made us feel welcome. She was literally the only employee that made us feel welcome and at home at the Casa. I would not stay there again. For that amount of money it is not nearly worth it. I would expect this from a two star hotel but when paying this much I would never have thought this would be the reality.

6  Thank Cmm26

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed three nigjts at this hotel. We booked on line with a special rebate. I do not recommend this because they put us in a small room with a view over the parking lot. It was advertised as a view over the city. The walls were really thin. I could hear the guest above us all night. They had a young child that was running back and forth until midnight. The next day I requested another room on the top floor so we would not have anyone above us. They allowed us to move. The beds in the rooms were not comfortable. housekeeping did not come to our room until 5:00 p.m. I had to ask for clean cups and towels. This is not what I expect in a four star hotel. We also had problems with the wifi. this was throughout the hotel. They just said they were working on it. They should have deducted this charge from our final bill. They also charged us for three day parking when we only used their parking for one night. The other two nights we found free parking on the street. The positive side of this hotel is the location. Very beautiful and with a private beach. The two pools were nice but needed to be cleaned more often.

Room Tip: Pay for a view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank chopin77
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We have stayed here several times when visiting Key West and each time has been splendid. The resort is beautifil, the people working there friendly and service minded and the location great. Especially Scharm Rengiil at the outdoor restaurant and Graham and Tyler at the beach/pool service impressed us with a friendly smile and splendid service. We are heading back next time!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SchmidtOslo
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear SchmidtOslo,

It is a pleasure to have you stay with us. Please come back often. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Spent a week at the Casa, just came home. It was perfect in every way. I loved the jet ski tour with English Tom and Jason, they were amazing. Mark did a great job too, got us reservations at a wonderful restaurant called Michaels. The Beach was great, pools were great, and the service was fabulous. We had a great time and we look forward to next year. I am highly recommending this hotel and Key West as a vacation spot to everyone. Oh, the beds were so comfortable, and the rooms quiet. I had a room on the West side on the Beach, very nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the casa marina it was an amazing experience the staff was great we hardly left the resort. The jet ski tour was more then great Jason was a great tour guide and we ate at the hotel restaurant 5 out of the 7 nights we stayed and had Ian each night as our server he was wonderful and the food was amazing. Would definitely recommend casa marina to everyone!

1  Thank Perfectresort
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I am staying here right now. This is my second night and I have one more night before checkout.

First the good: nice pool. Friendly staff

The bad:

Overpriced for the property.

No real beach. The small sandy beach had lots of kelp. I know this can easily be removed because I watched the city crews in Fort Lauderdale do it last week. With so much kelp on the sand, what little beach they had was pretty much unusable.

I am with wife and two grandkids. The kids are sleeping on the sofa bed. We got back at nine pm and there was no turn down. So we made up the sofa bed ourselves. Really? A Waldorf Astoria resort and no turn down? I have had turn down service in rooms at 1/4 the rate here.

The sofa bed had sand on the sheets. Yuk!

I went to the front desk the next morning and requested they move us to an ocean view room. I booked a one bedroom suite and thought it would be ocean view. It is not. We have a view of a large tree in the back of the property. I cannot say this is bad because in checking the website, it does not say the suites are ocean view. So i do not fault them for this. However, I do have a beef about them not moving us. I offered to pay any difference. They front desk clerk said he was sorry but they were sold out. I got the impression he did not really want to take the time. I got back to my room and looked online. Ocean view rooms were available! Really? The clerk says they are sold out but i can still book a room online? Hmmm.....

The clerk told us turn down service is by request only. He also told me to request a second mattress that would make the sofa bed more comfortable. At 7 pm, we called and requested turn down service. I also asked for an extra matress. When we returned to room at 9 pm, sofa bed was made up but no second matress. We called and asked for a second mattress. Moments later, they arrived but with no matress. I asked for one and she seemed very bewildered at my request. She got on her radio and called for help. A man appeared and he also semed bewildered at my request. He did bring a second mattress and put it on. So, in the end it worked out but lots of effort.

The fridge does not work.

We do not like the decor. OK, this is a personal preference but the rooms seem cold and spartan.

I am a Hilton diamond and stay at hotels all around the world. I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank pinguy
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear pinguy,

We are extremely sorry the resort did not meet your expectations. It is the feedback of guests such as yourself that assists us in the training of associates as well as continued maintenance of our facilities. If you would like to discuss your stay or if you should be in Key West again please contact me at stresh@luxuryresorts.com

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Im often dismayed when a "resort" calls itself a resort despite the amenities. Not the case here! Beaches, pools and water sports right on the property. A beautiful setting a la Key West.
But even exceeding the views and accommodations was the service and attention we received from a pool attendant?/concierge?/waldorf embassador named Patrick.
I've been pretty lucky to have had the opportunity to travel quite exstensively and I always try to recognize excellence when I see it. Let me tell you this kid is a huge asset to the Waldorf name. He didn't just work the pool he sold the whole resort and island. Great recommendations!
Great drinks and lovely food as well. Thanks all see you dooni hope

1  Thank dustanc
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Dustanc,

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you were able to enjoy our resort, it's service, amenities and wonderful activities. It helps that we have Patrick, three men for the price of one!
So glad you had a good time by the water. We look forward to seeing you on a return visit!