We stayed at the Casa the 20-26th of July and had nothing but great experiences with the property and Barefoot Billy's (the adventure sports facility). We were traveling with family as a group of 9. All of our rooms were well maintained and clean. This is my first experience with a Waldorf property so I can't compare it to other Waldorfs, however, I can say that we found ourselves sitting poolside and enjoying the property so much that we didn't need to venture out much. I was very happy with the rooms, they were clean, cool and had modern decor. They do have tile floors but with all the sand that is a plus in my book. I am sure that some Waldorfs have nicer rooms available but this facility fit right in with Key Wests easy going and no worries vibe. My 3 boys loved the pool and other activities the resort had to offer. There is always something going on. The wait staff were all very courteous and quick to help. Many knew us by name by time we left and we made fast friends with many of them. If you embrace the resort and the people there you will have an awesome time. It is a bit of a distance to Duval Street but we walked it (about 1 mi.) or took a cab ($3/person). If you want to be in the heart of the action that Duval street offers the Waldorf may not be for you, however, if you are going for a relaxing, fun-filled personal experience the Waldorf is definitely the place to be.
The boys at Barefoot Billy's are amazing. We had 1 wheelchair bound member of our group and they went above and beyond to help her. Whether it was in and out of the pool or getting out in the ocean they were there for her every second. They wanted to help her have the best time and they did. We took their jet ski tour around the island and I highly recommend it!! It wasn't a head to tail no speed boring tour, it was fast-paced trip around the island with stops along the way to point out the sights of the island, with a little individual time to kick it up in the gulf. Mark, English Tom and the rest of the boys made it easy to have a good time!!
I know my next trip to the Keys will be spent at the Casa Marina, I have no reason to venture anywhere else!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Florida