“Facilities a bit worn, but location and service make up for it! ”

Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference on site. First off, they need more staff. Rooms weren't cleaned till late in the afternoon, and we waited a long time at the restaurant. On one occasion we waited at the bar for over 5 min and no one acknowledged us, so we left.

Now--that being said, the staff they DO have is amazing and they are working their butts off. Everyone was helpful and went out of their way to accommodate us. We laid on the beach in the afternoons and there are plenty of chairs; the beach attendants will bring you towels and pretty much anything you ask for. Mark on the beach came by with cleaner for our sunglasses and a cool mist for our feet--not something you get at the Days Inn! Mid afternoon Popsicles and frozen eucalyptus towels made me feel like I was in heaven.

The facilities are a bit worn--carpet is dirty in the hallways and the elevators look ancient--but it appeared they were working on it. I'm not sure if I would stay here if it weren't for the conference, but I sure enjoyed it while I was here!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Coby S
Write a ReviewReviews (7,513)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This trip to Key West and Casa Marina was among our best trips ever. This lovely, stately. historic hotel is the queen of Key West. The beach, with its grove of palm trees and hammocks, is second to none. We had a wonderful Ocean View room and balcony so we could soak in Key West each morning, at twilight, an into the evening. While pricey, we were on vacation and this was a unique experience; worth the memories. We dined on the beach, on the pool deck, and on our balcony... all were lovely. No doubt you can find a more economical way to see Key West but none better than this one.

By the way, don't miss the opportunity to see Key West by jet ski. Jojo and the Barefoot Billy's team were wonderful as they took very good care of first timers on jet skis. It was among the highlights of our trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank M S
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Ive been there for two nights, this hotel got 4 diamonds this year and they dont get it for nothing.... Restaurants are just incredible! The price is afordable! The pool for kids is big and children love it! Customer service is the best i got in 10 years of vacation. My wife forgot is wallet in the room with more than 1000$. They send the wallet on next day with fedex. ALL was there..money, cards, nothing was missing... Tanks to Jenny Moran for all and Jerzy Nowak. They made awsome work for us.
A BIG 5 stars for that team!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank the2000r
Sarah F, Front Office Manager at Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Casa Marina on TripAdvisor. We are glad you were able to enjoy our resort, its service, amenities and wonderful activities. We will certainly recognize the staff members that you've mentioned, and we look forward to seeing you on a return visit!

Sarah Franks
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I mistakenly expected a great deal more from this hotel than I should have. The Waldorf Astoria name created an expectation that certainly was not met. My husband and I traveled to Key West for our 5th anniversary so we were quite excited. I will say that the grounds are very nice and we did enjoy the beach. There were a few very helpful and pleasant young men that would set up the umbrellas and chairs for you. however there was a noticeable lack of food and beverage service on their beach. By far my biggest disappointment were the rooms. I realize that when staying in Key West this is typically not a high priority however it being a four diamond rated hotel, I expected better. We were originally put in a handicapped room next to the main stairway. The room was quite generic and unwelcoming and what I would have expected traveling for business in Newark (no offense to Newark). We were moved to another room which was in a separate building where the hallways were very dark perhaps because the carpet was so dingy. I could get over the terrible view but we could hear everything in the next room as if they were in our room (not appreciated at 3:00am). They did have a very nice gym across the street and the concierge was helpful suggesting restaurants. All in all I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Caitlin S
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

For being the flagship of their hotels I found myself disappointed. Rooms were small, dirty, uncomfortable beds and unfriendly staff. Not to mention the 18$ eggs and 14$ coffee. I've had better accommodations in a Hampton Inn. Will not be returning.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Erick M
Steven T, Manager at Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Erick M,

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I appreciate your honesty and your comments regarding areas for improvement will help us to continually improve the guest experience. I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing the flawless service our guests' expect. The next time you have the opportunity to travel, I hope that you will be our guest again and provide us with the opportunity to demonstrate the unparalleled service experience and hospitality you deserve.

Steven Tresh

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our 35th anniversary. The location and grounds are fabulous, the staff is helpful and pleasant, the food is great, and the rooms are very comfortable. We stayed in the renovated rooms the main building on the 3rd floor. Modern, roomy, at least compared to the typical hotel room, and tastefully decorated. We are diamond members and find the $15/day resort fee well worth it for the beach chairs and umbrella alone, not to mention the in room cappuccino machine. All in all a very memorable time.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DrDougB57
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I am sad to say that this resort disappointed my whole family (7of us). We were refused the rooms we requested and my elderly mother in law was denied a handicapped room. we waited over 30 mins. several times for a wheelchair. As a result of my mother in law not being in a handicapped room she fell and has a very bad sprained wrist and has horrible bruising. We had a hard time getting a key to her room just to get in and help her, with no help from the staff. We were told to let them know if we needed an ambulance.Several of our bed sheets were filthy and disgusting! The bathrooms had very obvious amounts of mold in them. For the amount of money that our family spent to stay at this resort we certainly expected more and were very disappointed with the resort and the staff!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeanette B

Dear Jeanette B,

We are very sorry for the unfortunate experience you had at our hotel and appreciate your feedback. Our first priority is the health and safety of our guests. Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to discuss your concerns further.

Kind regards,