My wife and I agonized over which hotel to stay in, and after much consultation of TripAdvisor are so glad we stayed for 4 nights just before Christmas. The lobby is large and we were warmly welcomed on arrival after a long (but beautiful) drive from Fort Lauderdale airport. Our rate included breakfast and some other benefits which were explained to us.
Our room was in the suites building and really lived up to expectation of an ocean view. For a suite, 600sq ft isn't huge, but the bed was supremely comfortable, and there was more than enough space to enjoy the beautiful view. There's a Nespresso machine in the room and we had absolutely no issues with cleaning service. In fact, every member of WA staff we met were polite and extremely friendly. I agree with previous reviews about the lack of soundproofing as our neighbors had a toddler that screamed throughout the echoey corridors early in the morning. It's not a true Waldorf Astoria, but then it's not true WA prices that we'd pay in NYC!
Breakfast was excellent. The buffet was stacked with fresh fruit, patisserie, omelette station and other options. It was really nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy the wonderful grounds. I'd read a few reviews that the beach was small.. I'm one of those people that likes to see the sea but not touch it. I appreciated the sand being raked every morning, and it was very pleasant to walk along and sit in a hammock for a while. The resort has two pools with one being reserved for adults. The pool service was out of this world - super friendly guys that would insist on setting up your towels and nothing was too much trouble.
The pool bar was nice too, and at night the fire pits were most welcome to sit around and chat with other residents. We came to really appreciate the location of the hotel. The north end of Duval Street is a bit loud / tacky for me. It's a very pleasant 15 minute walk to the lower half of Duval where we found many options for eating and entertainment without the need for brash bars and a plethora of tee shirt shops. I am astounded that Key West can support so many tee shirt shops!!
I highly recommend this place, we had a great time and I'm pretty sure we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Nozio Netplan srl, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotel.de, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West
- Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Key West, Florida