Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
US$410
US$405
US$370
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$224
US$251
US$197
US$316
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
US$1,147
7,613 results
All reviewssun sunbeach stafffrozen towelsadult poolprivate beachthe jet ski tourhistoric hotelself parkingpool serviceduval streetocean viewpalm treeslouie's backyardmain buildingsunset cruisesister propertygreat resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were in Key West for three nights for our anniversary. We were looking for a relaxing place to stay, but wanted to be close to the action too. The Casa Marina was perfect. The pools and beach are incredible. The wait staff was very attentive and brought you whatever you needed. We also really liked the location. It is walking distance from Duvall, but in a quieter area. We rented bikes right from the resort, which we really enjoyed. We used then to go out to breakfast each morning and explore the island.

I read some of the reviews before the trip and was a little nervous about our choice. After having been, we think this is the best hotel on the island.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank carte005
Steven T, Manager at Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear carte005,

Thank you for your outstanding review! We really appreciate it. Casa Marina can truly offer the best of both worlds and we are so glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to your next trip to Key West and will be very happy to see you at our resort.

Steven Tresh

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had high hopes for this hotel as it seems to be one of the nicest on Key West. It is very average, and not inexpensive. Most of the staff does try hard (front desk/ back desk). Pool service reminds me of being on a cheap cruise--although the service was mostly prompt, it was at times downright obnoxious. Upon giving a tip to one of the pool service guys he handed us a business card and told us to be sure we mention him by name on Trip Advisor! You do feel like there is an expectation of constant tipping for someone to put pool towels down on your lounge chair and we did not care for that. We would be happy to put our own towels out.

There are two separate pools--one for adults only which may appeal to some. There is little choice for food--only one restaurant to service the whole place, and it's outside. Brunch is expensive if you go for the all inclusive, but you're nearly forced to as the kitchen is ill prepared to handle separate hot orders. One day I ordered eggs benedict and it came out cold with only a shrug from the server. There is a sister hotel not far down the beach which has a steak house restaurant that is quite good but extremely pricey, and I'd recommend that. Other than that, if you're there for a week, the choice really is quite limited and gets old very fast. It's a bit gimmicky with this deal they have--buy a special cocktail shaker and then your drinks are discounted (only certain drinks). Felt a bit like spring break in college...

The location is not close to where the action is-which for many people is what they want. It is in a very peaceful area and we definitely preferred that. It's about a 20 minute walk (fast walk) to Duvall Street so if you care to venture out to restaurants you need to drive or take a cab if you're in nice dress clothes.

Had a serious problem with concierge--was told that our reservation for a boat was made only to get there (by walking with a baby and small child over 40 minutes) and find that no reservation was made at all. There was a lot of blame and back and forth about whose fault it was, and that personally left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I was, however, ultimately offered a small compensation which I do appreciate--I just wish that the "investigation" of what happened would have been more professional. I've been traveling for over 20 years and have used concierge services regularly. This was the first "misunderstanding" I've ever had...

That aside, the property is beautiful, the rooms are nice--ocean view rooms provide views NOT from the bedroom but from the main living area (if you have a suite) as the rooms are narrow and long so as many rooms as possible can have the view. However, when we sat on our balcony it was as if we were sitting on our own private beach.

The beach is nothing to speak of--it's manmade so if you're looking for long walks on the beach, you will not be able to do that.

Beds were fantastic, I must say.

All in all, not a bad place, but very Hilton-esque where you feel very mass market. I would possibly go back if I was in Key West but for no more than 2 nights. After that the shine wears off.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank EUtravelgal
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The two things I look for in a hotel is the location and brand. The location of the Casa Marina was great, the property was great, BUT - When I walked in the room, from first impressions, and ongoing, I was disappointed. There is NO way that this hotel, based on the room itself, should be branded a Waldorf. I have stayed in the Waldorf in Manhattan, and Waldorf should be embarrassed at calling this hotel a Waldorf from the condition of the room. The room was small, the amenities in the room were bare bone, the TV was small, the bathroom had no room for two people's toiletries. The furniture looked cheap, etc... Not to nitpick, but since you asked... we were in the elevator Tuesday or Wednesday and the floor had footprints and marks from wet or dirty feet or something smearing the floor. The next day, those prints/that dirty floor, was still there. I would think that as in most luxury hotels, especially one branded a Waldorf, the cleaning upkeep would be better. I definitely did NOT get the value for my money that I expected from a Waldorf.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
3  Thank Joel L
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Here for five nights. Service was merely decent; few staff members said "hello"; many waltzed right on by without even a nod of the head; I would almost say that they were instructed not to interact with the guests. The guys who run the Wave Runners on the other hand were outstanding. The Casa Marina leadership could learn a thing or two from Barefoot Billy.

Room was tiny, and not all that clean. There was an unidentifiable odor in the room as well as a rather "medicinal/antiseptic" smell in the hallway.

Ate breakfast in the buffet one morning and the service was great and the food was pretty good.

Had dinner at "The Strip House" at the sister property "The Reach" on our last night and it was fantastic. Didn't look around much but it appeared to be a nicer hotel. I'd look at that property if you are coming here.

All in I'd shop around further.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank gvtraveler
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We just returned from the Casa Marina after staying for several days. We had a wonderful time. We quickly decided that staying away from the crowds of Duval Street and the marina was perfect. It was a quick walk to the restaurants and shops but we were able to return to the peace and quiet of this hotel with the amazing views. The pools and beach were amazing - we will definitely return to this location. The hotel was in the middle of some renovation work - carpet being replaced in the hallways - but that was a minor hassle to get around for a few days.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple