“Excellent Hotel”

Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #40 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I have returned several times to this hotel over the years, including being married here in 2013. The main (original) building is stunning as are the grounds. The rooms in the original building (my favorite place to stay) can be considered on the small side but make up for it in other ways. The staff is also excellent. I cannot say enough great things about them. They have above and beyond on several occasions, including our most recent one year anniversary trip. We received an upgrade (I'm also Hilton Diamond) and had a bottle of Champagne plus chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in our room. One cannot ask for much more than this. The food has improved greatly since my last visit a year ago and is actually quite good, although pricey. Drinks are also great but, like the food, pricey. Luckily the rooms have mini-fridges.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank iflyprops

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Love this place, beautiful setting, with elegance all around. We especially enjoy having drinks at sunset in the comfortable outdoor bar area. Though you cannot see the sunset (at least in March) directly from the property (as you would see from Mallory Square), the lighting and ambiance is perfect! Well worth a visit, if for nothing more than drinks by the pool or beach.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This will be short and sweet. Great place to stay with friendly staff. Daniel was awesome. Always remembered our names and greeted us with a smile. He will be one of our main reasons to stay again at this resort. The rooms and TV's could use a little updating but over all stay was great. Ariane did a great job as well.

Room Tip: Ocean vista with a balcony is nice.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great 4 night stay at the Casa. This was our 2nd stay in 3 years. 1st stay we had a young child with us and this stay was just the parents. Everybody has different needs when on a vacation. This place fills my requirements. Largest beach on the island. A relaxing atmosphere on the beach, sun sun bar, lobby, lobby bar and coffee shop. The staff was uber friendly and helpful. Ricardo at the door was a real gent, Katie at the lobby bar was great and very friendly during our wine tasting and Daniel on the beach was ready to help at a moment's notice. I also want to thank Daniel for some snorkeling locations and restaurant recommendations during our stay. The beach wait staff was also very friendly and prompt.

Room Tip: I come to the beach for an ocean view. Whether it's ground level or a balcony view, make sure yo...
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Wonderful stay at this lovely historic hotel. Note, "historic" meaning old property. This property is not new and has the charming characteristics of a historic old hotel, if you like that thing, you will love this place. We did. Was given a first floor room with a little patio and French doors looking out onto the pool area and ocean, thank you for the upgrade to this lovely view!! Wandered out to the ocean every morning and the young guys working the lounges were GREAT. Set up our chaise lounges and umbrellas every day, with a smile. EXCELLENT beach and chair management, they didn't stack the chairs right on top of each other. 10, 12, 2, and 4, little goodies were delivered to all of us on the beach, gratis. A lovely touch. Nothing like a yummy ice pop at 2PM every day! The pool was clean and relaxing. Breakfast buffet was nice, outside patio was lovely. Service was excellent...food was pricey, but high quality.

The room. Clean, smelled fresh. HELLO NESPRESSO machine - this was awesome. In fact, I came home and bought my own. What a nice touch!! I conducted a complete bed bug inspection of the bed and surrounding areas and found it to be very clean. The TV was extremely far from the bed, but who cares about that, we'd rather look at the ocean. Keep in mind, if you have a room near the party rooms that the hotel rents out for weddings, you will hear the music and commotion from your room. We thought this was fun actually, we sat there drinking Nespresso tapping our feet to Pharrell Williams and doing some good people watching - heck it's vacation and who goes to bed THAT early?

We had one issue, the mattress in the room was old, saggy, and a back killer. We made a comment at the front desk and they came to look at it. They replace it with another mattress just as old...dated 2006 actually. For what we paid for each night, we wanted a new one but we were fine with it and didn't make a stink. I do think the quality of the mattresses were the lowest of many of the Hiltons we stayed at, but management informed us they will be replacing them soon. Yeah 2006 is a bit old...think how many bodies have been on that in 8 years.

The staff were friendly, accommodating. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnaks
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We just stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights and I must say that I was somewhat disappointed with the overall experience. I had high expectations for a Waldorf Astoria resort hotel property. A few items that need attention:

Inside of elevators inj main bldg were dirty with fingerprints and drip marks every time we used them, Housekeeping should be more regular and attentive to details
Property could use new lounge chairs at pools
Staff was a bit too relaxed and slightly unprofessional (at front door main entry)
Breakfast menu and buffet prices were high compared to what you get for price paid
Small screen Zenith LCD TV in room, with not very many channels (Really?)
Self parking was across the street at $20 per day and the lot was not lit at night
Resort propert is need ineed of some touch ups and renovations (showing it's age)

Items that were very good:
King room was a good size
bed was very comfortable
bed linens, towels and bath amenities were very nice
hot water in shower was very good

I am a HH Diamond member and had higher expectations for this property. If I came back to Key West, I am not sure that I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank wps5959
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been to Key West twice but this was my first time here. All in all it was a great experience and I would recommend to anyone. The staff did a great job and made us feel so welcome. I will be back for sure and looking forward to making my next reservation.

1  Thank 334traveler334