We arrived on a Saturday evening with 2 separate wedding parties taking center stage in location along with normal visiting guests. Staff where over stretched to accommodate all events taking place which resulted in a delayed response from reception, then being put through to the kitchen. Eventually after 40 minutes we managed to get milk delivered to the room for the baby but it came in two half pint glasses?
Once the wedding parties had left the location the following day the service did improve. On the beach the staff were very attentive coming around on regular occasions offering free drinks/samplers and ensuring you were quite happy.
We had a central room which had a pool/beach view on the top floor thou we paid extra for this privilege which was very nice but the internal night shade curtain was ripped and reported but was not replaced during our stay.
The breakfast buffet was very basic but we booked it as part of our package but considering what you paid per head, you could get a better selection/choice locally at a half the cost which other members of our party did on a regular basis. The interior breakfast area was a large empty space with tables & chairs but this room lacked modernization making it look very tired and drape thou most people sat outside which was very pleasant.
The hotel is in a good location, has a nice beach area but lacks sand as what is present is very minimal on the beach. In the bar area you are served with plastic glasses for your drinks but in the outer lunch/dining area you can get proper glasses on the table?
However, I must say the staff were very helpful and cheerful throughout our complete stay but having stopped at couple of other 5 star Hotel’s this was certainly not up to the standard expected, the hotel in my opinion is overrated, overpriced and I certainly will not be going back gain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Florida