Our first room at check in was filthy. The bath tub was disgustingly dirty. The toilet did not work. The bedroom had a window into a public hallway and the water view was the pool.
After complaining we were moved to a fourth floor water view room which was small, did not have a bathtub, and was in desperate need of updating. The mattress was so uncomfortable we didn't even sleep. The walls were so thin we could hear every conversation next door. The food at the hotel was mediocre.
The beach is full of rocks and impossibly cloudy and smells. The public beach next door is much better. The view is very nice though. The concierge also made nice recommendations for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotelopia and TravelUp so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West
- Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Key West, Florida