We spent the 4th of July weekend at Casa Marina, and were in general pleased with the stay. After staying at Waldorfs elsewhere, I was not expecting a small room with tiled floors and a poorly sealed door that allowed the humidity to blow in constantly. I suppose it's a function of the florida weather and hurricane prevention, but I was a little disappointed at the quality of the room compared to the price. Thankfully we did have an ocean view - I would recommend avoiding rooms facing the pools, as they would be very noisy.
The pool area is lovely, however there is little enforcement of the suggestion that the adult relaxation pool is reserved for those without kids. It was 4th of July so there were a lot of families. The grounds are gorgeous, and the drinks and food were very good.
The beach is the largest in Key West....but it is by no means large. Maybe a few hundred yards of rocky beach at best. The staff is very solicitous, however, and we camped out for hours and watched the fireworks from the beach. They came by to take drink orders, or offer cool towels or cucumbers for our eyes.
For the 4th, the general public was allowed on the grounds for a fee after 5pm, and there was a fundraiser event on the grounds that afternoon.
We definitely enjoyed our stay, but I found myself a little disappointed that the rooms did not meet the Waldorf standard (except in price). It is a very nice resort (especially the pool and beach).
This hotel is on the south side of the island; it's much quieter and away from the activity at Mallory Square. It is a bit of a walk to Duval St, which in cooler weather would be no big deal. Cabs are <$10 to Duval or to the marina as well. We enjoyed walking through the neighborhoods to some of the off-the-beaten path restaurants nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Florida