The Casa Marina was amazing. From the minute we checked in from Patrick at the desk to Bob at the pool, everything was amazing. We had read many reviews for the past few months. We were ready for the $20 fee, the walk to Duval, the rocky beaches (which is the entire Island, not just Casa), and possibly not so great service.
Everything was amazing. We did not want to leave. The service was amazing. Every morning we would wake up and see them raking the beach, cleaning the pool area, washing windows, just always keeping the hotel up to par. When we needed new wine glasses, they were brought right away. When we needed a taxi, they were right there. Recommendations for restaurants, great.
The view was breathtaking. We rented bikes, went to Duval, saw the sunset, had dinner on the beach!!! at the hotel with tiki candles lighting the night, had breakfast at the hotel overlooking the ocean!! The fitness center was AMAZING. I have never seen a cleaner and better fitness center in any hotel I have ever been at. Every cardio equipment has TV's!!!
One of the best things we did while we were there, went on a fishing charter. We caught fish, they cleaned them for us, and then we brought them to a restaurant and they cooked it for us (all the restaurants do it). While they cooked it, we swam in the pool at the restaurant!! Soooo cool.
No hotel is perfect, but this came close. Wish we didn't have to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West
- Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Key West, Florida