Casa Marina is a fantastic hotel. My husband and I enjoyed a "babymoon" 1/8-1/12, I am 7 months pregnant. It's my 5th trip to Key West. Our room was huge and well appointed, room 1013 East Wing Island Vista One BR suite. We were on the first floor, and had views of the public beach and tennis courts and a nice balcony. The bathrooms were very spacious, though it only had a shower not a tub. Loved the espresso machine, and the two flat screen TV's, in the living room and in the bedroom. The bedroom had a comfy king sized bed, and was in a separate room with its own door for privacy. The main room also had a large L-shaped sofa and even a dine-in area.
The only negative about the room is that it needed a fresh coat of paint, furniture needed scratch repair and the draperies/rugs needed drycleaning, surprising for a Waldorf Astoria. In spite of this, the room was super clean, the housekeeper did a great job keeping the room spotless and refreshing our towels. I was also disappointed that the spa did not offer mani/pedis.
The hotel breakfast buffet was yummy, we enjoyed it every day. We had dinner at the resort once and it was excellent, one of the best dinners on the island. Service was good but slow (typical Key West). The resort had everything you could imagine, two grand pools, pool service, a beach, a nice pier, amazing views, watersports, spa, etc. Frequent travelers to Key West know that the beach space is limited. This hotel actually had a nice sized private beach and pier, a rare find at most KW hotels. Keep in mind the hotel charges an extra $20 a day resort fee. The weather became so cool during our stay, we could only used the resort on one of the days but still had to pay the pool fee every day.
My husband loved the hotel but prefers to stay on Duvall Street, because the walk downtown was long for a pregnant lady (30 minutes each way) but we just grabbed a cab if we needed to. We have stayed at the Ocean Key in the past but I wanted a more of a resort experience this time.
The resort is so beautiful, I thought it would be a great place for a destination wedding!! I would definitely stay there again or recommend it to a friend.
PS: Make sure to leave time in your schedule for a visit to the Audubon House. It has the most beautiful garden on the island and a great collection of antique Audubon prints. Ask for Bob, he is wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Mediterranean-inspired hotel sits on a 1,100-foot private beach a mile from Duval Street. Our historic beachfront resort combines 1920s ambiance with a chic, contemporary flair, features sophisticated accommodations, complete with LCD televisions, iPod docking stations, and an in-room espresso, coffee, and tea maker. Amenities include: two tropical pools, water-sports activities, spa services, poolside cabanas, Sun/Sun Bar & Grill serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and The Lobby Lounge for tapas and libations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Casa Marina Resort Key West
- Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Florida