The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
La Te Da Hotel(Key West)
  • Breakfast included
Almond Tree Inn(Key West)
3,934 results
All reviewscasa marinanatural beachprivate beachsister resortduval streetocean viewbeach staffsouthernmost pointlouie's backyardjet skipalm treeslaid backconciergepopsiclespierdoormanpatrick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Personally, when I think of a resort I think of an exclusive, high-end property. The Reach has a small, very nice, exclusive beach. However, I don't consider the rooms to be resort quality.

The positives: friendly and helpful staff, clean room, balcony with two chairs and a nice view, newspaper delivered each day, robes in the closet (if you like that kind of a thing), great pool area, private beach and pier, hammocks hanging between palm trees, giant outdoor chess game on the grounds, on site restaurant if the many local restaurants aren't enough, nice gift shop, close to Duval Street.

The negatives: A confusing set up. You have to wander outside walkways to find your room. I've always heard it said that hotels have interior hallways and room entrances, whereas motels have exterior walkways and room entrances. By this definition The Reach is a motel. I saw more than one person wandering the walkways with a confused look as they searched for their room. If you stay there long enough you'll figure it out. The rooms are also not that quiet. I often heard voices and closing doors from those staying around me. My room didn't have a coffee machine. Instead, there was an espresso machine. There were no drawers in which to place clothing.

Overall, this is a nice property. Like I said earlier, when I booked a room at a resort - a Waldorf Astoria at that - I expected more of a resort quality hotel than what I experienced. Compared to many of the other properties that I saw around the island, I will say this is probably one of the nicest.

Room Tip: Not all rooms overlook the beach or hotel grounds. Some overlook the parking garage.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

First, the bad - the room is nicely appointed, but small, and getting to the room is like going through an outdoor maze. But the property is right on the beach, and it is a short walking distance to its sister property, Casa Maria, (another very nice property), and to all the action and restaurants on Duvall Street. Most importantly, we felt like we received the full Waldorf treatment from everyone on the staff. We want to give special recognition to our beach attendant Ricardo, he was very pleasant, and extremely attentive.

Room Tip: try to get a room near an elevator or you'll have to walk through a maze of corridors.
1  Thank Wayne B
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel was wonderful. The private beach was beautiful and very relaxing. Be sure and try the Lobster Bisque Soup at The Strip restaurant. We liked it so much we went back 3 times. The staff was great and very accomodating. The hotel itself is within walking distance of Duvall street which had everything for everybody. We will definetly come back again.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We were VERY disapointed with our stay. we did not have a coffee pot in the room and didn't realize it until the first morning. to some this isn't a big item but it was for us. TV didn't work. Internet code didn't work, and after three reports they finaly came to fix the AC. it is currently 80 degrees in the room and engioneering is finally here working on the AC. Normally I wouldn't write a review like this on a 69.00/night hotel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT this was a 489.00/night hotel and I would expect a whole lot more. Won't be staying here again. ever ,,,,,, ever.....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank darin b
Cindy A, Front Office Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

We appreciate your feedback in regards to your recent stay at The Reach Resort. If you would like to discuss your stay please contact me at cindy.acevedo@waldorfastoria.com for personalized service. We have shared your feedback in regards to your expectations of Waldorf Astoria Resorts with our management team. It is the feedback of guests such as you that assist us in the training of associates. Cindy Acevedo Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Not sure if we would stay there again. I like to unpack my suitcase and put things in drawers. Rather have coffee then espresso...why not have an option. Rooms were clean and it was nice to have a newspaper delivered, nice touch. Employees were friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
5  Thank jerome s

We are extremely sorry the resort did not meet your expectations. It is the feedback of guests such as yourself that assists us in the training of associates as well as continued maintenance of our facilities. If you would like to discuss your stay or if you should be in Key West again please contact me at cindy.acevedo@waldorfastoria.com for personalized service. Cindy Acevedo Front Desk Manager.