I stayed for 5 days during fantasy fest in Oct 2013. Long story short, I just booked next year's stay here (and I requested the same room I had so HOOK ME UP please!!!!). This year we are staying 7 days.
Yes, it is quite expensive, but I AM WORTH IT. And so is this hotel. Any of the reviews that say "this is not Waldorf Standards" or "blah blah blah this is like a glorified Hilton" or whatever....Whatever. What I can tell you is that I found this hotel to be AMAZING.
1. Unbelievable view of the ocean and beach from my balcony. My room was ridiculous and i want to stay in that exact room every year I go back for the rest of my natural life. When i die, I want to spend the rest of my unnatural life there. Bathroom was SPACIOUS, room was great. (Again, shameless plea that the hotel gives me the same room inserted here).
2. Extremely helpful, and friendly Concierges...and i mean that in plural. Top notch professional and suggestions/recommendations were spot on. In fact, Everyone was helpful and friendly. Everyone. Anyone who reviewed the staff as "unfriendly" should remember that people usually treat you as you treat them. I had no issues whatsoever and found the staff to be genuinely nice and interested.
3. Pool guys- these guys deserve special mention. Beyond professional and helpful. HUGE selling point for this Hotel in my opinion. Really good guys.
4. The grounds/pool/beach is simply spectacular. Grounds are well groomed and maintained. Very impressed with the attention to detail.
5. Hotel was NOT on Duval. In fact, its at the very bottom and one block to the left. Perfect. Go to the madness when you want, and leave it when you are done. I would rather shave my eyeballs than stay on Duval. This hotel is a long, nice walk or a short taxi ride and i mean short from all the craziness of Duval. Its nice to go home for a peaceful night sleep when the fun is over!!!!
6. This hotel was really magnificent. I disagree with the bad reviews. I was a little apprehensive before I booked. It is NOT a cheap hotel and i was weary of what to expect based upon some of what i read. I can't speak for you, but I was NOT disappointed AT ALL. I am beyond pleased with my stay here and as i said above, I already booked my room for next year (hah!, again, i only hope THEY GIVE ME THE SAME ROOM!!!)
1. It cost a lot. A lot. No way around that and no way around the additional taxes the state and county levy. That sucked. However, in fairness, I got my monies worth and I was not displeased with ANY aspect of my stay. it was WORTH it. I break my @@@ all year long and I deserved it. Also, the surrounding places ARE NOT cheap either and are NO WHERE near as nice. So take that into account. I did. We went down with friends that stayed somewhere nearby that in my opinion, was no where near as nice. Small, cramped, no where near as clean, but yes, less expensive. But still expensive. I'd pay the extra every time for what we got compared to them. Sure, it would be great if it was 50% cheaper. It would also be great if Cindy Crawford decided she did make a mistake and left her hubby for a shot with me.
2. I have to complain about something. Wash cloths. I don't know what our housekeeping had against leaving them for us, but she forgot a couple of times. She also kept pulling out the sofa bed every night even though we had no guests staying. I didn't complain because the room was immaculate, she was friendly and did a hell of job each day. So a quick call to the front desk got us wash cloths and it took about a second to put the sofa bed away. Not really a complaint because i thought it was thoughtful on her part to begin with.
Look, i could go on all night. This vacation was in my top 2 of all time. Fantasy Fest was a blast, Key West is ridiculous, and i am not even interested in looking at the other hotels as this one was perfect, for me anyway. Don't hesitate booking here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Key West's only private natural-sand beach, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an intimate, elegant destination for those seeking a casual retreat with the highest level of service. A warm sense of hospitality, gracious staff members, a beautiful shoreline and breathtaking sunshine all provide the backdrop for a memorable and romantic travel experience at our Key West hotel, just steps from Duval Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Destinology, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reach, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Reach Resort Key West
- The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Key West, Florida