“Great location, would go back again.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great location, would go back again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Very close to Duval street so this saves parking and taxi fees - something to consider when booking Key West. Room was great overlooking the pool and beach. Didn't eat here as we chose to try other places in town. Very pleased -would definitely return

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dt-2003

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was stuck on Key West for 4 days during the giant mid-west storm (I know poor me!). It was a bit tough to get into hotels on such last minute notice, and Chase Sapphire helped us get into The Reach. This was the third hotel we had rotated to on the island, and probably the least desirable of the bunch. If you are looking for a quieter place to stay with beach access, this could be the place for you. Our room was just OK, and we received some poor service at the on site bar. It wasn't terrible, but you can do better in Key West.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bcalvin
Paul B, Manager at The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay at The Reach Resort was not what you had hoped it to be. If you would like to discuss the details of your stay with a manager, please be in touch with me via email.

Paul Bartush
Manager
The Reach Resort
paul.bartush@waldorfastoria.com
Lake Jackson, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The Reach was in a great spot right on the southern beach. It is only a short walk to Duval street for the party atmosphere but not so close as to be obnoxious. The room was nice enough but there are no drawers for storage so be ready to live out of your suitcase. The restaurant and bar were a little steep on prices and they automatically add an 18% gratuity, which I did not care for. i believe that a tip is earned or not by the service.We did our eating and drinking elsewhere after one trip to the restaurant. Parking is $20 per day. The staff was great and polite. The beach and gazebo were very nice but it was cold and cloudy and windy and rainy while we were there so we didn't get to enjoy the beach.

1 Thank TexasBob53
Cindy A, Front Office Manager at The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
We appreciate your feedback in regards to your recent stay at The Reach Resort. If you would like to discuss your stay please contact me at cindy.acevedo@waldorfastoria.com for personalized service. We have shared your feedback in regards to your expectations of Waldorf Astoria Resorts with our management team.

Kind Regards,

Cindy Acevedo
Front Office Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The Reach is a special place for us as we got engaged on the Pier in 2010 then married in Key West in 2012. Love it here...especially the pool and beach area! Ricardo and Greg are super attentive and cater to all of our needs! They are there for whatever we need but still give us our privacy! We will be back many times just to see both of them!

Room Tip: We were in room 306...the room was nice but one of the nights a wedding was taking place on the deck...
1 Thank Mike K
Manitowoc, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel because of the location, on the beach and close to Duval. If not for those 2 reasons, I would definitely have stayed some place else. This hotel is in desperate need of an upgrade or renovation. The seagulls use the pool for a birdbath, gross! The outdoor restaurant needs a good cleaning and the food sucked. DO NOT book any activities with the concierge. You can book your activities cheaper other places on the island. I am a Hilton Honors customer and yet paid higher even with my "discount".

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

3 Thank Neal V
We are extremely sorry the resort did not meet your expectations. It is the feedback of guests such as yourself that assists us in the training of associates as well as continued maintenance of our facilities. If you would like to discuss your stay or if you should be in Key West again please contact me at cindy.acevedo@waldorfastoria.com for personalized service. Cindy Acevedo Front Office Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Overall, I would highly recommend The Reach. Its location on the island (quieter side) is perfect. Just a 10 minute flat bike ride to the hustle and bustle of the north side. The beach (as far as beaches in Key West go) was awesome. Totally filled the need for sand in your toes and ocean breezes. The staff was attentive and helpful.....especially Greg, one of the pool attendants. The pool, pool area and beach were all clean and organized daily. The only negative I would say, which is such an easy fix, is the cleanliness of the rooms and hallways. The beds, towels and bathrooms were all nice. What I am referring to was the phone, the remote control, the glass doors etc etc. Also, there was never a time when you walked the outside corridors when they didn't have dirty linens, fresh linens, housekeeping carts, vacuums etc blocking the walkways. There are seating areas with sky views throughout the corridors and more often than not, there were bottles and cigarette butts next to the furniture. Again, all of these things are so easy to fix, I am surprised the manager allows it to happen.

A special thank you to Stephanie Wiese, she helped me with some room issues. She was responsive and friendly.

6 Thank Thad R
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was expecting more based upon reviews that I read. While the staff was friendly when you asked a question, I wasn't greeted and asked if I needed help or was enjoying my stay like I was on a recent stay at the Hilton in Naples. They knew how to make a guest feel special.The concierge was very helpful though and assisted in making waverunner and fishing trip reservations. The hospitality staff was great. Our rooms were clean and all of the hospitality staff said hello whenever we passed and asked us if we needed any waters. The rooms were clean, however they were in need of updating. The carpets were worn and the couch and chair were dingy and worn out. However, the view was great and we enjoyed the balcony. The location was great and we were able to walk to go sightseeing. It was nice having a private stretch of beach and the pier. The staff at Billy Bob's was amazing and it was so convenient to take a waverunner tour of the island right from the beach there. We also spent time at the sister resort, Casa Marina....wished we could have stayed there. The staff at their resort greeted us as we walked through and spent time on the beach there. My kids enjoyed the giant chess board and pool tables. I'm not sure I would stay here again but I would try the Casa Marina since I loved the location and the staff was friendlier.

Room Tip: We had resort view rooms and they had nice views of the grounds and beach/ocean. It was nice to have...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank RHtravels
Cindy A, Front Office Manager at The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your stay with us. The comfort of our guests is our first priority, and I appreciate your sharing your concerns regarding the condition of your room .Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you encountered while staying with us. We do work hard to establish high standards of quality and guest service, and I am sorry to learn that we failed to achieve these results. and I will keep your review in mind as we look toward refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback, and I invite you to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the area. Cindy Acevedo Front Office Manager