I just spent one week at The Reach with my husband on his 50th birthday. There were many issues but I must say the staff sorted them out in a professional way and in the end we had a great stay.
For example they were doing some construction work when we arrived. The noise in our room was so loud we couldn't even speak to each other and everything was vibrating. But they told us they would stop at 5 pm and not work the next day. So everything was good until we found out the work would continue the whole next week, every day 9 am to 5 pm for our entire holiday. We had been travelling from half across the globe to have this dream holiday and we got a room we couldn't even use. They tried to change the room for us but said they were fully booked, but two days later they got us a room on the other side of the hotel where we heard nothing of the construction work. Bravo!
We were also charged for overnight parking + tax for every night of our stay, even though we didn't even bring a car. But the hotel corrected this upon our request without any arguments.
The location of the hotel is fantastic though, very calm area with a sushi restaurant next door that we returned to several times. The beach is beautiful and well taken care of and we had some really good meals at the Strip Club. The staff were all very nice, front desk, waiters as well as the cleaning lady (who came with a lovely piece of chocolate every night). We did have cockroaches in our room the last day but I think that's unavoidable in any tropical climate. Besides, the room didn't get cleaned the day before, the cleaning lady came so late - when we were showering and getting ready for dinner - so we told her to leave it.
Over all we had a nice stay, and since all our problems were sorted out, I would not hesitate to come back here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Key West's only private natural-sand beach, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an intimate, elegant destination for those seeking a casual retreat with the highest level of service. A warm sense of hospitality, gracious staff members, a beautiful shoreline and breathtaking sunshine all provide the backdrop for a memorable and romantic travel experience at our Key West hotel, just steps from Duval Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reach, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Reach Resort Key West
- The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Key West, Florida