The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Fairfield Inn & Suites Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$280
US$604
US$286
  • Restaurant
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$370
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$239
TripAdvisor
US$251
US$197
Travelocity
US$316
  • Breakfast included
Key Lime Inn Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$209
Orchid Key Inn(Key West)
US$432
US$324
3,934 results
All reviewscasa marinanatural beachprivate beachsister resortduval streetocean viewbeach staffsouthernmost pointlouie's backyardjet skipalm treeslaid backconciergepopsiclespierdoormanpatrick
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Reach Resort is located on what has to be the best beach in key west! Everything was great, the hotel, the staff (Ricardo at the pool was exceptional!)

The rooms are equipped with great views! We paid for an ocean view, but had friends staying in the courtyard view rooms that also had great views. We probably would skip the additional expense next time and just get a courtyard room. AND OUR ROOM HAD AN ESPRESSO MACHINE!

We attended a wedding that was on the gazebo dock over the ocean. I can not imagine a better experience for attending a "beach" wedding. We didn't have to sit in the sand but still got the beach experience wedding. And the reception was amazing!! It was on a private terrace overlooking the ocean.

There weren't many families there so it would hard to gauge if this were a family friendly resort. If you are looking to travel with adult friends/family it would be great.

Another great thing about this hotel is that it is not huge. It's a very decent sized hotel, so it never felt overrun by hundreds of people. And it never felt crowded, even though you could feel the hotel was probably booked.

The only downfall we experienced was everything felt terribly expensive. However, never being to Key West it might have been equally un affordable at other resorts/hotels near by. Also, even though the service was great, we had a hard time finding service for drinks at the pool and beach. It was too bad to walk up to the bar though so thats how we kept our drinks full.

Its a great experience. The access to the amazing beach and views was well worth every cent as we had a rare vacation away from a very hectic life. It was complete bliss!!! I imagine the Casa Marina had equally great view, but I think when you venture to other parts of the island you don't get the beaches. At least that what it looked like. If you want a relaxing vacay WITH your toes in the, the Reach is your place.

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay for the ocean view. If you request a "courtyard view" you will probably get a pretty decent view of the ocean. There might be a palm tree in your way, but you still get to see the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rmuel
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am not a review writer, nor do I stay in hotels that require me to stay somewhere that the price and quality are so far off the mark that it borders on my concern that this hotel should not carry the Waldorf name nor should this tired old place with the worst possible service I have ever seen be considered worthy of their name.

For two days I went without any cleanup of my room. The last day, I had to use the towels on the floor that had been there for two days to dry myself off. After calling once the first day because the room was not made up by 4:00 pm, and then the next day three times starting at around 4:00, then 6:00 and then 8:00pm, I came back for my final night with no cleaned room.

I asked for a wakeup call the first night, but did not receive it. I did the same the following night and called not once, but twice to confirm it and remind them of my first nights wakeup than never came. They assured me it would come. It didn't.

I sent and email to the head of the hotel and never heard back. I had to call back for three days many times until I was finally able to get the front desk person on the line. I told her that I had not intended to pay for the room for one night (although it should have been for the entire trip), and after a great deal of arguing, she finally agreed to take off one night (which I told her I would argue with the credit card company and explain clearly why) She noticed I was Hilton Gold and finally gave me 40,000 points, which if you know Hilton points, it is not good for much.

In any event, I found the people to be lackadaisical, less than enthusiastic, totally unwilling to put out any extra effort, and the other five members of my group, although their experience was not as bad as mine, it was not something any of them will ever repeat again at this hotel.

I was even told that the points from the first night were not able to be moved because the booking was made by one person, so they collected all the points.

Nevertheless, this hotel and their staff need a complete overhaul and the group of us will never again visit this hotel. It has even done damage to the Waldorf name in general.

Again, I am not a complainer, but this was the worst of the worst of the worst hotel experience I have ever taken in my travels throughout the world. Really bad!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank Ed S
Cindy A, Front Office Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

We are extremely sorry the resort did not meet your expectations. It is the feedback of guests such as yourself that assists us in the training of associates as well as continued maintenance of our facilities. If you would like to discuss your stay or if you should be in Key West again please contact me at cindy.acevedo@waldorfastoria.com for personalized service. Cindy Acevedo Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Beaches are small/not great for swimming. Rooms are spacious, clean! Espresso machine in room won points with us! Hammocks on the beach are so relaxing! Staff very friendly/helpful. Piña coladas are pretty amazing! Would stay here again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Well located hotel with nice private beach within walking distance to the shopping and restaurant areas of key west. Due to spring break hotel was fully booked and pool area was very crowded. Outer appearance i.e. floors, parking, elevators not impressive. One main elevator was out of order during our entire stay. Rooms are large and quite, air conditioning works well. Limited storage facilities (cupboards). Wardrobe installed inside bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had booked the one bedroom suite for our stay In key West...during previous visits we have stayed at Casa Marina but unfortunately the hotel was not available this time so we decided on The Reach... ..We arrived a the resort at 3pm with our room not ready....Once room was ready we immediately noticed we were directly above the banquet room....thanks to reading reviews here on trip advisor I knew that rooms near the weddings were a definite noise issue...we went back down to the front desk and I mentioned that I heard wedding noise was an issue and were any weddings going to be on during our stay. One of the managers, Jennifer, checked into it for us and I have to say handled it in a very efficient and professional manner. She changed us temporarily to a room at the back of the hotel (minus noise) at a significant discount in price....We came home from dinner that evening to the wedding noise and I was SO HAPPY we changed. The speakers were directly next to the room and we could hear the wedding from most vantage points of the hotel. We would not have enjoyed staying in that room at all!!!
The next day we were moved to our original room which was very clean quiet and lovely...the guys working down at the pool and beach were always working hard setting us up nicely in chairs and making sure umbrellas provided shade...would still prefer Casa Marina (although their rooms are not as big and updated as the Reach) but the employees like manager Jennifer and guys by the pool make this resort more than just a sister resort to Casa Marina...altogether a pretty decent stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MWONJ
Joshua B, Manager at The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience here at The Reach. We are extremely glad to here one of our team members was able to accommodate you during your stay. We hope to see you again for another albeit quieter stay in the future.

Best regards,