The location of the Reach was perfect for us! Close enough to walk to Duval Street but far enough to not be disturbed by the nightlife of Duval. We stayed six nighst and felt that the price was fair for what we received.
We loved the attention that we received from the beach/pool staff! Josh and Kris did a great job of setting up our chairs and umbrella. Plus they come around every so often to give you cooled cucumber slices for your eyes, small frozen towels to cool off with, cleaned our sunglasses and offered a quick "misting", again to cool you off. All of these services were a very nice touch. They also offer food/beverage service while on the beach. All of the servers we had were good but PATRICIA really stood out from everyone else. What an asset to your resort! She was quick on her service while being professional and personable all rolled into one. We really appreciated the extra attention that she gave to us!
Everything that we ate was awesome! We had dinner three nights at the Strip House. The steaks and lobster were great! Every morning we ordered coffee from room service and it was delivered within 15 minutes. They do have a breakfast buffet that we weren't aware of until the last morning. It was o.k. the service wasn't. (Except for the omelette maker, he was quick to make the omelette and friendly.) We definitely had quite a few "adult beverages" while we were there. The rum runners were to die for and will get you "there" a little too quick. Also, they have a different lunch special everyday. We tried a turkey club sandwich and barbeque brisket sandwich from the lunch menu. Both were great! They even made us a special cheese/fruit tray that we had with a bottle of wine on the beach. Again, the food and food service was excellent.
We stayed in room 310 king studio with ocean view. We liked the room. It was the perfect size for two people. The set-up with the sofa bed would be too crowded to use. If it was pulled out you would not be able to get to the bathroom from the master bed. The view was great, the bed was very comfortable. I liked the set-up of the bathroom. (Toilet and two showers behind one door) Vanity area was open. Lots of storage space. This room does overlook the 2nd floor area where they have wedding receptions. On arrival we were told that there would be receptions on Saturday and Sunday night but that the DJ, or band, would have to stop at 11:00 p.m. This wasn't a problem for us since we were up almost that late every night AND we travel with a small box fan to use for white noise. It really works! If I had small children with me it would have been a big problem.
The beach was probably our biggest disappointment. The sand was beautiful but the water was full of seaweed. The beach had seaweed two feet deep and you had to walk in about 8 feet of it to get to the water. Some mornings it was cleared by heavy equipment. We didn't want to walk through this but plenty of other people thought nothing of it.
The resort itself is clean and I liked the furnishings.
If we return to Key West we would stay here! It would be well worth the return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Key West's only private natural-sand beach, The Reach, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is an intimate, elegant destination for those seeking a casual retreat with the highest level of service. A warm sense of hospitality, gracious staff members, a beautiful shoreline and breathtaking sunshine all provide the backdrop for a memorable and romantic travel experience at our Key West hotel, just steps from Duval Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reach, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Key West
- Waldorf Astoria Key West
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection
- Reach Resort Key West
- The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Florida