The Reach Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$454
US$370
US$335
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
US$241
US$338
US$303
US$450
TripAdvisor
3,964 results
All reviewscasa marinanatural beachprivate beachsister resortduval streetocean viewbeach staffsouthernmost pointlouie's backyardjet skipalm treeslaid backconciergepopsiclespierdoormanpatrick
Reviewed 1 April 2009

We had a wonderful stay at the Reach Resort in Key West. It was quiet, there was ample parking, the staff was great as was the food. Our ocean view was not quite what we wanted and the manager gave us another room and upgraded. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Our family of 5 plus another family of 2 satayed at this beautiful resort in March. The location is excellent for anything you want to do in Key West all within walking distance. The room (we had oceanview boutique suite) was beautiful, spotless and with an awesome balcony. House keeping were wonderful making sure all our needs plus more were met. Everyone from the front desk, housekeeping, valet, wait staff at the pool and sequirity were incredibly kind, friendly and very helpful picking restaurants, activities etc. all with a huge smile and incredible friendliness. The entire place was in excellent condition.
Considering all those wonderful things BEST of all were Ricardo, DJ and Mike (let's not forget their manager Billy). These guys pampered us with fresh ice water, popcicles not to mention towel service and more. These 3 guys made our vacation as enjoying the sunshine at the pool and beach were one of our top priorities (we are from Michigan). Saying their service was fantastic is really an understatement. Oh, and they were very fun to chat with and awesome with our 3 kids. So..... while everything was really wonderful at the Reach these 3 guys are what would bring us back next year!!!
By the way this is the first review I have ever written; but I thought it was really important to let future traveleors know what a treat they are in for at the pool and beach.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2009

I stayed in this hotel at the beginning of the month when I was working in Key West. WE had some very long days and the hotel room was a lovely sanctuary, which made it really easy to wound down. The bed was heavenly and a swim in the pool first thing in the morning got me all rev'ed up again. Free wireless service was a pleasant surprise and made it just that little bit easier to catch up with things in the morning - and the nesspresso coffee machine in the room definitely made it easy to kick-start the day!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2009

My husband and I just returned from vacation and we absolutely loved The Reach. As beaches are hard to come by in the Keys, the hotel's location on Key West's only natural beach was our number one reason for staying there. The rooms were well-appointed, the beach was lovely, I enjoyed going to the gym everyday, the restaurant's food was tasty, every staff member we encountered from cleaning to concierge were pleasant and helpful and it was within walking distance to the Duval Street area. I'd recommend The Reach highly.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank karma105
Reviewed 26 March 2009

The website looks great and it having a beach on site was nice but that was the extent of it. You pay a resort fee for chilled towels by the poolside at 1pm only and we never saw them. You also get a popcicle at 3 pm, a safe ( most hotels offer this), fresh fruit daily (old, cheap apples and every other day oranges and you had to go to the lobby for them. That is what $20 a day pays for. There is another $12 a day to self park or you can pay $20 and they will park your car in the same spot. We went right before spring break in the off season and we paid $330 a night for a regular room.

Management was nice when dealing with my husband but the two times I called to complain about not getting the room I wanted they didn't want to help out any. We got upgraded to the room we booked after 2 hours. Housekeeping was horrible. Never cleaned the tables, counters, floors or the tub and you could see the grime. I left two notes and was even tipping and then we had to contact management. The place was still dirty after they left. They did clean the inside of the bathtub.

The poolside waiter was so rude and made it known he was not happy helping you. Why should he...there was an 18% gratuity already on the bill. Do not order roomservice!!! Three times the price for food and drink, 22% gratuity, and the food is nasty.

The funny thing is; I read all of the reviews about this hotel on different sites and everything I read was true. I will never go back to this hotel and belonging to the Hilton family really makes me question if they have lowered their standards.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple