“Great Folks”
Review of Cowboy Charters

Cowboy Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Key West and the Florida Keys are well known as the fishing capital of the world and holds more world records than anywhere else. We have been charter fishing the waters off of the lower Florida Keys since 1965 and have been the winners of many fishing tournaments. Fishing is a family tradition for the Baumgarten family. Hans Baumgarten started Cowboy Charters in 1965 and his son and grandson have carried on and expanded the family tradtion. You will experiencea both friendly and professional crew on the well appointed 36 FT & 45 ft Hatteras yachts" with twin diesels, when you join Mark Baumgarten and crew for a day of sport fishing. Mark has been fishing professionally for over 40 years and has been consistanly able to find that trophy fish for his customers. Visit our Facebook Fan Page "Cowboy Charters-Key West" or follow us on twitter at "Cowboy_KeyWest"
Reviewed 7 February 2014

These folks will provide a great experience right from the start. Beginning when I called them to inquire about an off shore fishing trip. They were not concerned about money first (didn't even ask for a deposit). We made the arrangements and they picked us up at our hotel, we went fishing February 2, 2013 and caught fish. The first mate, who is actually the owner and Captain Mark Baumgarten working the cockpit is fun, funny, and informative. Please call on them for your fishing adventures in Key West.
P.S. - The airlines lost our luggage on the way to Key West and when we told them Mark went out of his way to go pick up four Cowboy Charters t-shirts and then find us to deliver them because he knew we were waiting on our clothes.

1  Thank Dennis B
"big fish"
"avid fisherman"
"kingfish"

Reviewed 26 December 2013

What a great fishing charter! Mark and Eddie were very knowledgable, making our first fishing trip in the Keys a big success. Michelle made booking easy and was flexible with timing. They were friendly, professional and helped us find places that we could take our catch to be prepared for dinner. Everyone ( six of us)caught large fish. Definitely would highly recommend it for anyone looking to have a successful fishing outing.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My wife and I fished with Mark on The Cowboy on September 28, 2013 and this great trip started well before we ever reached the dock. Of course there are several charter boats to choose from in Key West but immediately upon speaking with Michelle during the booking reservation process, I was convinced that these were the guys to fish with. We are not well seasoned fishermen and Michelle answered all of my questions and she and Mark put together a trip tailored to what we wanted to do. On the morning of our trip, Michelle picked us up at our hotel and introduced us to the best Cuban Mix sandwich and coffee place on the island and delivered us to the dock. Once at the dock, Mark and his buddy Chuck got us all set to head out. We spent six hours out on the the water and it would have been an excellent day even if we had not caught a fish. Mark and Michelle are Key West natives and it was such a great experience spending the day on the water learning about the waters around Key West and the history of the people and the area. I said it would have been a great day even if we hadn't caught a fish but of course we did catch some Mahi Mahi. I can't say enough good things about Mark, Michelle and The Cowboy. If you have the opportunity to fish with these guys, don't miss it. We will definitely see you guys on our next trip. By the way Mark, since it's all about the t-shirt, how did I miss mine?

Reviewed 23 August 2013

First off I would like to mention that we have booked many charters in the past. This one by far was the best. We caught 7 >20 lb Mahi, 1 -15 lb wahoo and then went shark fishing and caught 5 sharks. I would consider this an incredible fishing day. Thank you Sharky and Eddie for a memorable day of fishing out of Key West. We have already booked our next fishing adventure for next year. See you guys next spring break!

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 August 2013

There is a reason why all the reviews are 5 stars - Cowboy Charters is awesome.

First, let me preface by letting everyone know that is reading this, I spent hours researching and calling different charters in Key West. Some didn't bother to return a call and others were kind of rude. Plus, the more I dug, I found some pretty awful posts that were so detailed I had a solid feeling they were legit. It was so worried I wouldn't be able to find a reputable company.

Then, I reached Michelle @ Cowboy Charters. WOW! What a difference. She was so sweet and helpful. She was patient, answered all my questions, and gave great suggestions. We traded 43 emails! I had a lot to coordinate. She's incredible.

Now, for the truly special part. This trip was for a young boy whose dream was to go fishing in Key West. The dream was granted by a non-profit that works with critically and chronically ill children. Talk about bending over backwards to help! From the moment I started working with Michelle I knew our special little guy was going to be in great hands with Captain Sharky.

Thank you both SO MUCH for creating a once in a lifetime memory.

For anyone reading this, trust me - these are exactly the type of people you want to do business with. Life is an experience and you won't find a better one than with Cowboy Charters!

1  Thank World W