“Fishing on the Cowgirl”
Review of Cowboy Charters

Cowboy Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Key West and the Florida Keys are well known as the fishing capital of the world and holds more world records than anywhere else. We have been charter fishing the waters off of the lower Florida Keys since 1965 and have been the winners of many fishing tournaments. Fishing is a family tradition for the Baumgarten family. Hans Baumgarten started Cowboy Charters in 1965 and his son and grandson have carried on and expanded the family tradtion. You will experiencea both friendly and professional crew on the well appointed 36 FT & 45 ft Hatteras yachts" with twin diesels, when you join Mark Baumgarten and crew for a day of sport fishing. Mark has been fishing professionally for over 40 years and has been consistanly able to find that trophy fish for his customers. Visit our Facebook Fan Page "Cowboy Charters-Key West" or follow us on twitter at "Cowboy_KeyWest"
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were in Key West Florida over the week of July 4th and went on two fishing trips with Mark Baumgarten on the Cowgirl at Cowboy Charters. Mark is an excellent captain and we caught more than our share of Mahi. My grandson caught a 47lb bull dolphin. We had plenty of filets to bring home and one evening, Mark and his wife Michelle took us to Conch Republic Seafood Restaurant and they prepared some of our catch for us. If you want to have to have a great day of fishing, you should definitely book a trip with Mark at Cowboy Charters.

KeyWest-Cowboy, Owner at Cowboy Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you. We also enjoyed fishing you and your family. Dinner was an added pleasure. come back to see us soon. Tight lines!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I put a lot of research into a charter for our Key West trip. I finally decided on Cowboy Charters and it was the right decision for June, 18, 2014. My wife had never been fishing before and she caught her first mahi-mahi. (see picture) We ended up with three mahi, one wahoo and lost a sailfish at the boat. Captain Eddie put us on the fish and Ryan worked very hard keeping our baits weed free and presentable. We ate some of our fish locally and flew 10 lbs. home to NC. I highly recommend them and I hope to go back and fish with them again soon.
Jeff & Beth, North Carolina

1  Thank Jeff F
KeyWest-Cowboy, Manager at Cowboy Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Hi Jeff and Beth,
I am very glad to hear that Beth's first experience off shore fishing was a great one. We do pride ourselves on our customer service and skill level that we provide. We look forward to making her next fishing experience just as enjoyable as her first. Come back soon.
Tight Lines

Reviewed 28 June 2014

What an AMAZING day we had with Captn Eddie and Ryan on the Cowboy! They took me, my 13 yr old son and 16 yr old daughter out for the time of our lives! We went out for mahi and came back with a cooler full! The best of the day was a 53", 35lb mahi caught by my daughter AND, the KING, a 53" wahoo weighing in at 45lbs brought in my my son! This was IN ADDITION to all the other mahi, some bonita and a rather large barracuda we caught! Ryan and Captn Eddie were perfect hosts, showing the kids how to hook and real in the big ones! After we returned, our catch was perfectly cleaned and bagged for us. We all had a wonderful time and can't wait to do it again!! THANK YOU Captn Eddie and Ryan!!

What an amazing day of fishing it was. Seems like you may still have the lead in the Key West Fishing tournament, lets hope it stays a lead until the end. So glad that we were able to provide such a great trip and do appreciate you sharing your experience with others. We enjoyed that day as much as you. This was an exceptional day of fishing to say the least. Hope you guys can make it back to Key West and please spread the word. We always ask our customers how they heard about us and a great number of them are from word of mouth.
Thanks Again,
Cowboy Cowgirl Charters-Key West

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Found Cowboy Key West Charter on Instagram! They quickly responding and I booked the trip! The owners were so sweet ! We came home with 5 bags of fish!!! Will recommend this Charter to all my friends! Yeeeeeee Haw!

1  Thank Shrlejo62
KeyWest-Cowboy, Owner at Cowboy Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thanks for your feed back. Glad you were able to take some fish home and feed the rest of your friends. Thanks again and hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was my third fishing trip with Mark and it was nothing but an amazing time fishing! Chris and I are looking forward to our next fishing trip on the Cowgirl!