“Kayaking fun”

and up
Java Cat Sail, Kayak and Snorkel Charter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer a variety of options to explore and experience the natural wonders of the Florida Keys. World class birdwatching, lush mangroves, coral & sponge gardens teeming with marine life. We offer guided eco tours, downwind kayak trails(easy paddling),paddleboard and kayak rentals, an all inclusive sail, kayak, snorkel charter, and evening sails. Key West's Best Eco-Experience Only in Key West can you experience a unique tropical ecosystem where marine life thrives in clear, calm, shallow waters. Key West Eco Tour’s experienced, friendly captains and nature guides introduce you to the pristine protected areas of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and Key West’s National Wildlife Refuge. Go on a journey into the Florida Key’s nursery for colorful fish, coral and sponge gardens, dense mangrove islands, and abundant birds.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My sister and I love being on the water and Lisa, our guide, didn't disappoint! Cassiopeia jellies, sponges, sea stars, nurse sharks, and mangrove rivers, it was all perfect. We'll be back!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was our first kayaking trip. We were picked up at our B&B as planned. It was a very windy day and we had to change from the planned course. It was so windy that paddling was strenuous. I was looking for a more relaxing experience, but mother nature had other plans! The water was clear and our guide pointed out a nurse shark, starfish and lots of jelly fish. Our actual trip through mangroves was short, but awesome. I would have liked more of the trip to have been through mangroves.

It would be really beneficial to those new to kayaking to cover more about how to properly hold and use the paddle. They covered that in just a few seconds and I struggled in the first half of the trip, and I am in very good shape. I think a little more instruction would have made the trip more enjoyable for me.

It was an interesting experience and the scenery was spectacular.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was our first on the water based adventure during this trip and had a great time. Our guide Lisa was very knowledgeable about the mangroves, birds, marine life and the general eco system of the area. She had a great eye for finding different animals in the water and bringing them up for us to look at and hold for a moment. My only small complaint was that we originally thought we had just 4 people in the group, then 2 more were added and once we got in the water 4 more showed up at the last minute. The group was a bit too large for everyone to get close enough to Lisa to see the animals and hear what she was saying about them. I understand as a business they want as many people on a tour as possible but a smaller group would have been better for us. Overall though we really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Cheryl and I thoroughly enjoyed our time with John . His knowledge and passion of the local flora and fauna and his smooth articulate narration of everything going on made us feel like we were part of he landscape. We hope to see him again. Jeff & Cheryl

1  Thank Cheryl B
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My family of 4 have been on several kayaking trips in the past, and have enjoyed them all. What makes this one the best was Lisa, our tour guide. Lisa was by far the most knowledgeable of any guide. She knew about the sea life, birds and the eco systems. Her manner was both professional and personal.

She took us to great spots while showing us sea slugs, jelly fish and nurse sharks. Very interactive and relaxing cruising through the mangroves. A must try on any Key West adventure.