“Best. Tour. Ever! Bethany rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Key West Eco Tours

and up
Java Cat Sail, Kayak and Snorkel Charter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer a variety of options to explore and experience the natural wonders of the Florida Keys. World class birdwatching, lush mangroves, coral & sponge gardens teeming with marine life. We offer guided eco tours, downwind kayak trails(easy paddling),paddleboard and kayak rentals, an all inclusive sail, kayak, snorkel charter, and evening sails. Key West's Best Eco-Experience Only in Key West can you experience a unique tropical ecosystem where marine life thrives in clear, calm, shallow waters. Key West Eco Tour’s experienced, friendly captains and nature guides introduce you to the pristine protected areas of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and Key West’s National Wildlife Refuge. Go on a journey into the Florida Key’s nursery for colorful fish, coral and sponge gardens, dense mangrove islands, and abundant birds.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Cleveland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best. Tour. Ever! Bethany rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My husband, myself and our 2 daughters (12 &9) enjoyed the all in one (sail, kayak, snorkel) tour in April 2014. Truly a magnificent, personal, experience. Our catamaran captain, Bethany, guided through the Mule Key, pointing out spectacular wildlife and the ecology of the mangroves. She knows a lot of the history as well. We then had a snorkeling session in the more shallow waters (nice, not as bumpy as our subsequent snorkeling with a larger commercial adventure that rhymes with blurry). While I would like to credit Bethany with every aspect of this perfect day, I suspect she didn't bottle our ice cold soft drinks or create the perfect weather (which she equated to a "powder day" of skiing). It was the perfect, semi private (we shared the catamaran with a married couple enjoying their 49th anniversary -!) experience and having spent the week in Key West, certainly the top of our list to return and do again. Worth every penny, highly educating and supportive and very high quality snorkeling, sailing and kayak equipment, together with extremely professional guidance.

1 Thank 293jp

Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Private Sunset Cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Such an amazing experience for my birthday! Of course the sunsets are the most beautiful we have ever seen. Experiencing it on the Java Cat is now one of my favorites. Lisa was amazing, very professional, friendly and she made our trip very special.

1 Thank vacationgoddess61
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Kayaking fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My sister and I love being on the water and Lisa, our guide, didn't disappoint! Cassiopeia jellies, sponges, sea stars, nurse sharks, and mangrove rivers, it was all perfect. We'll be back!

Lafayette, Indiana
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“1st Kayaking Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was our first kayaking trip. We were picked up at our B&B as planned. It was a very windy day and we had to change from the planned course. It was so windy that paddling was strenuous. I was looking for a more relaxing experience, but mother nature had other plans! The water was clear and our guide pointed out a nurse shark, starfish and lots of jelly fish. Our actual trip through mangroves was short, but awesome. I would have liked more of the trip to have been through mangroves.

It would be really beneficial to those new to kayaking to cover more about how to properly hold and use the paddle. They covered that in just a few seconds and I struggled in the first half of the trip, and I am in very good shape. I think a little more instruction would have made the trip more enjoyable for me.

It was an interesting experience and the scenery was spectacular.

Painesville, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fun and intersting trip through the mangroves”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was our first on the water based adventure during this trip and had a great time. Our guide Lisa was very knowledgeable about the mangroves, birds, marine life and the general eco system of the area. She had a great eye for finding different animals in the water and bringing them up for us to look at and hold for a moment. My only small complaint was that we originally thought we had just 4 people in the group, then 2 more were added and once we got in the water 4 more showed up at the last minute. The group was a bit too large for everyone to get close enough to Lisa to see the animals and hear what she was saying about them. I understand as a business they want as many people on a tour as possible but a smaller group would have been better for us. Overall though we really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone.