This was the first time I went for a hotel that wasn't in the upper half of the tripadvisor ratings. My wife, two sons (not kids - 18 and 23) were looking for a place with a little more room that just two separate hotel rooms. We stayed in the two bedroom 'Penthouse Suite'. It certainly was very large - both rooms and the living room were more than we expected. The second bedroom even had two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. The balcony is much larger than described on the Courtyard site - I believe it said 10 sq feet, but it easily fit two chairs and small table - not huge, but bigger than expected. The main area on the lobby level are great. The rooms were definitely older and a bit worn and outdated. Not terrible, but certainly not brand new. I rarely heard anyone else which was nice. The room also had a kitchen - large mini fridge (oxmoron!) and a microwave. The countertops in the kitchen area were in most need of updating, but were clean and in good condition. A real positive were the ladies that served breakfast - ate there every day. They were genuinely friendly and really cared - made the simple act of getting breakfast fun! And the food was very, very good. Just a note- breakfast is NOT included in your room, but is very reasonable. The pool area is great - can't imagine there's much better in KW. "Noodles" who was working the "Tipsy Pelican" (Tiki Bar) was great too. Made it fun. There's been lots of talk on here about the shuttle bus - yep, easy to get on and good drop-off location. Coming back one night (maybe 8:00), the shuttle bus was loaded beyond capacity - a father and son sharing the front (single seat) of the van, and the daughter having to sit on her mother's lap- these weren't little kids - I'd guess early to mid-teens. It would have been much safer if they just waited until the next pick-up. My wife did bring this to the attention of the front desk - no clue if anything was done about it or not.
So, overall, with us wanting more room, it was a good place to stay. I would have probably gone with an 'above average' if not for the shuttle bus safety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Key West hotel located on the Gulf of Mexico in the "New Town" section of Key West. Located within a 10 minute drive of any attraction on the island. We feature spacious guest rooms, including suites with a variety of room configurations including in-room Jacuzzis. Every room has free hi-speed internet access, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, coffee maker, cable TV and refrigerators. A Tiki Bar is located adjacent to our large outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi or feel free to tan on our private sunbathing beach located behind our hotel. Join us in our Bistro featuring Starbucks and a wide range of breakfast items. Our Complimentary downtown shuttle service will drop you off and pick you up in the historic seaport; walking distance from Duval Street. Be sure to talk our our onsite concierge agent who can assist you with the many activities and history enriched attractions the island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard Key West Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Key West Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Key West Courtyard
- Key West Marriott
- Courtyard Key West Waterfront Florida