“Great Value and Location BUT TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!”

Courtyard Key West Waterfront
Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Key West
New York City, New York
“Great Value and Location BUT TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was staying at this Courtyard for 2 nights with friends. Unfortunately, we got the room at building A, facing the road construction. There was a lot of noises during the day and night!! We can't fall asleep during the nights. We were asking for the room changed, but the front desk was so rude and stubborn and said only Building A has double queen bed room typed that we book (even thought we were willing to pay more money for a better room, but they still can't offer a room change for us). More importantly, when we arrived into the room, our closet was hanging one wet underwear and towel there!!! THAT WAS MAD DISGUSTING!!!!!!!! We called the front desk about the issue and ask someone to come clean out the dirty things!!!! After handed up the phone, we waited for hours after hours, still NOBODY shows up to our room until midnight!!!! And i called the front desk again, and they said they had sent someone out to take care of the problem (Liar!!!!!!!). Their service is extremely disappointed. It is the worst Courtyard experience that i ever had with Marriott. Other than their service, their location is fine, only 15-20 minutes away from Downtown. The hotel offers free shuttles in every 30 minutes from early morning to night, the latest pick up from Downtown is 10:45pm everyday. I strongly encourage you to take the shuttle, because of Downtown is really small. It is not easy to find a parking spot in the streets. After you arrive to Downtown, you can rent bikes or motorcycles to go around the town. We had a lot of fun to biking in this small town, you definitely can't miss out this great fun when you visit Downtown Key West! Also one more thing, this hotel is not offer shuttles to airport. You may have to call taxi to the hotel.

Room Tip: Please MAKE SURE and DOUBLE CHECK - DO NOT GET THE ROOM AT BUILDING A at the time you are check in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mieah C
CourtyardMgmtKW, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Key West Waterfront, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. We hate to hear you didn't enjoy your stay! We are looking forward to the road construction being over too! At this time of year we are at a high capacity and don't always have rooms available, super sorry about this. We hope you will give us another shot and stay with us again once the road construction is over!

Thanks,
Marriott Courtyard Key West

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at this wonderful hotel for 4 days in late May. The check in procedure was quick and painless.The staff could not have been any more helpful or friendlier. My room was spotless and opened out onto a tropical garden. My room was on the ground floor and I swear it felt as if you were on a tropical island some where in the south Pacific!! Another thing we were impressed with was the attention to cleanliness on the outside as well as the inside of the hotel. The outside of the hotel was pressure washed to make sure mold didn`t have a chance to grow.
I recommend staying at this hotel any time you are in Key West.

Room Tip: choose a lower floor facing the pool and Teki- Bar
1 Thank Richard C
CourtyardMgmtKW, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Key West Waterfront, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Camden, Maine
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I made two reservations, only because Marriott Beachside was booked(the 1st reservation was there). Not knowing any better, I let the reservation clerk book my party into Courtyard. Gave my credit card, and my party at Beachside checked in with zero problem.
However, Courtyard would not check my party in because I had not filled out a Credit Card authorization form - which was never asked for, nor sent with my confirmation. I had to physically come down there and pay in person! Additionally, the King two-bedroom was uninhabitable due to an A/C malfunction, so my guests were downgraded to a Queen.
Had my wife call this morning to lodge a complaint, and the GM laughed, saying "What do you want me to do?"
Found out through the conversation this is a franchise - not Corporate. Figures - they've got a total bozo(Anna) running this place that knows nothing about proper Guest Service. Probably came from some Fast Food franchise. Needs to go back!
Never, Never ever use this place again, and I will tell EVERYONE I know what a dunghole this hotel is!

Room Tip: Go to Marriott Beachside. Stay clear of this dump.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank pilar1127
We are very sorry to hear about your experience with our property. We appreciate you taking the time to voice your concern, we can assure you the property is not being run by a Bozo, our staff has extensive experience in both hotel management and customer service.

We are sure you can understand how busy we are during the summer months for family travel, due to our high occupancy rate - sometimes a room of the same size, in your situation a king, is not available and our staff does the best we can with the rooms we have available.

We do hope you will give our hotel another chance in the future. It is much easier to book a room online using our website to ensure a prompt check-in upon arrival. Thank you again for your business!

Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you look at my other reviews, you will find that I am quite particular about hotels. I was a bit worried as this had such mixed reviews. We arrived early, parked our car and took the shuttle to down town Key West. They shuttle driver was nice, informative. We spent a few hours walking around and then came back to the hotel to check in, swim, unpack etc.

The room we had was on the part nearest the beach, our balcony over looked the pool, well almost there are so many beautiful trees. We could see the top of the tiki hut. The room was big, the bedding good, well appointed room.

Pool was beautiful, lots of iguanas and the guys at the bar were very friendly.

We had to leave pretty early the next morning for our Fury tour. We left the car for the day and our luggage. We made the error of leaving our photos and souvenirs in the shuttle. They were returned to us after a round trip on the shuttle.

The staff here is so friendly. I would stay here again and again. I have no idea where anyone would not like it here.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and that is what we got.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I recently stayed at this wonderful hotel for a nice weekend getaway. I was born and raised in this beautiful Sunshine state, but this trip to the Keys was my first. The experience I had at this hotel was a memorable one.
It has this wonderful tropical touch to it which gives you the full Key West feel. The staff were extraordinary all around! They really made you feel welcomed. This goes to show they love where they work and who they work for.
The rooms are very spacious, so you don't fell crammed like you normally would in a hotel room.
Its a few minutes away from Duval St, but they have a shuttle service that leaves every 30 minutes to take you down near there until 1045PM I believe, but a taxi ride is dirt cheap.
I definitely recommend this hotel for your upcoming stay.

I

Room Tip: Facing the pool is a pretty nice view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
CourtyardMgmtKW, General Manager at Courtyard Key West Waterfront, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay in while you enjoyed your first trip to Key West! We are happy we were able to be apart of your experience and hope to see you again soon!

Tampa
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Me and a few friends stayed at this hotel just last week and I must say that it was quite the stay. Front desk staff was very helpful and the people behind the Bistro counter were just a delight. The hotel has a shuttle that takes you down to the Conch Republic and they even give you a buy one get free drink coupon. The shuttle is free and runs every 30 minutes from each location. All in all this hotel is great and I can't wait for us all to get together and plan another trip down to Key West!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your review! We appreciate your business and the time you took to create this review! We hope to see you again soon!