The hotel has many things to recommend it - a nice pool area, a cool concierge, lovely water views, generally good prices. The room we stayed in was kept very clean and had a nice view of the water over the boardwalk. There are some downsides to the hotel:
1.) The rooms are noisy. We were in building C and we could hear our neighbors on both sides having very normal conversations. You can hear every conversation in the hallway. The refrigerator made a high pitched noise when the condenser came on. None of this is enough to stay don't stay here, but it is more of a high end motel experience than a Courtyard.
2.) The internet was painfully. I know, you're in paradise, why are you on the computer anyway? Well, I also need to make money and that's how I stay in touch with my business. The internet wired and wireless in Building C was too slow. It wasn't a deal killer - the free internet in the lobby was much more robust and worked on the porch overlooking the beach.
3.) The location. This was not an issue for us. We knew where it is and that was fine. It is about 1.5 to 2 miles from most of the Old Town attractions. And the road is under construction. Still and all, we brought our bikes and used them and it's great that the hotel has a bike rack and rental bikes can be arranged. The shuttle was fine, prompt, useful and friendly for the one night we used it. But if you want to be in the heart of things or in a charming area, well, you're not.
Overall, I would stay there again. I will bring earplugs and be prepared to work in the lobby, but the rest of the experience, the friendly and useful staff, the lovely pool and grounds, the housekeepers doing special ops on dirt, balance the negatives out. Also, the iguanas scare me and I like them at the same time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Key West hotel located on the Gulf of Mexico in the "New Town" section of Key West. Located within a 10 minute drive of any attraction on the island. We feature spacious guest rooms, including suites with a variety of room configurations including in-room Jacuzzis. Every room has free hi-speed internet access, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, coffee maker, cable TV and refrigerators. A Tiki Bar is located adjacent to our large outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi or feel free to tan on our private sunbathing beach located behind our hotel. Join us in our Bistro featuring Starbucks and a wide range of breakfast items. Our Complimentary downtown shuttle service will drop you off and pick you up in the historic seaport; walking distance from Duval Street. Be sure to talk our our onsite concierge agent who can assist you with the many activities and history enriched attractions the island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard Key West Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Key West Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Key West Marriott
- Key West Courtyard
- Courtyard Key West Waterfront Florida