The hotel itself is nothing special, just average. The bad thing was that there was so much road construction going on in front of the hotel, the traffic was horrendous. However, our initial experience was good. We went to the hotel early and they actually had our room available 3 hrs. early which was great. The front desk staff was very nice and friendly, so I was expecting the rest of our time to be just as good.
The first day was uneventful, but when we woke up on our 2nd day, there was a giant roach in our room. We didn't say anything since we thought it may have been a common thing. However, it was not a pleasant thing to wake up to, but we dealt with it. A day later, another giant roach was in our room on the bed skirt (picture attached). This time I called the front desk immediately and was told that it is a common thing but she would send someone to spray outside. Even though it's common, it shouldn't be considered acceptable.
To compensate us for the roach incidents, we were given a free breakfast for 2 days at the hotel. Unfortunately, this was another bad experience for us. The food was not good. It was pre-cooked then placed in a large toaster oven prior to serving it. They burned our breakfast both days. The second day, we were in a hurry b/c we were going jet skiing, but it took 25 mins. to get our meal which should have taken 5-10 mins. Once other customers were being served before us, we asked about our meal. We were told that a ticket didn't come through by 1 girl and the other said it did b/c she wrote "to go" on it, but had been too busy to notice. I told them I needed mine ASAP and the girl was so slow makingit, it took another 10 mins. but she did not even apologize. The other woman offered free fruit to make up for it but we didn't want it b/c we had to leave.
The next incident was getting locked out of our building and room on our 3rd day. We tried to enter our building and our keys didn't work. We went to the front desk and was told they got demagnitized somehow so she reprogrammed them. We went back to our building and it still didn't work so we went back to the front desk. A maintenance man was sent to meet us and let us in & supposedly reprogrammed our keys again. We had left for a few hrs. & then returned to find our keys didn't work yet again. The front desk person told me that it was a common thing so she came out & taped the lock open on the security door leaving it unsecured. The keys then didn't work a 4th time so when I went up the the desk, I was told it was nothing wrong with the keys, someone had put in the wrong check-out date so the keys were turned off. It took literally 1 min. to find that out and it was fixed immediately. So we were very inconvenienced for no reason. Also the day before we left, that same security door handle was broken on the inside and was falling off.
Those were the biggest complaints we had but the noise level was terrible. We could hear the person upstairs very loudly and could hear anyone in the hallway or outside. And finally, there were 3 computers for customers to use but only 1 worked.
Overall, we had a wonderful time in Key West & would definitely return, but would never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Key West hotel located on the Gulf of Mexico in the "New Town" section of Key West. Located within a 10 minute drive of any attraction on the island. We feature spacious guest rooms, including suites with a variety of room configurations including in-room Jacuzzis. Every room has free hi-speed internet access, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, coffee maker, cable TV and refrigerators. A Tiki Bar is located adjacent to our large outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi or feel free to tan on our private sunbathing beach located behind our hotel. Join us in our Bistro featuring Starbucks and a wide range of breakfast items. Our Complimentary downtown shuttle service will drop you off and pick you up in the historic seaport; walking distance from Duval Street. Be sure to talk our our onsite concierge agent who can assist you with the many activities and history enriched attractions the island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Key West Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Key West Waterfront Hotel Key West
- Key West Courtyard
- Key West Marriott
- Courtyard Key West Waterfront Florida