Blue Marlin Motel
US$393
US$345
  • Beachfront
Ocean Key Resort & Spa(Key West)
US$336
US$303
  • Restaurant
US$195
US$191
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
US$241
US$303
US$450
TripAdvisor
1,243 results
All reviewssouthernmost pointgreat locationduval streetcontinental breakfastroom was cleannice poolfridge and microwaveparking is limitedwithin walking distancegood sizetwo queen bedsstay there againpool areacoffee makertile floorsquiet endrooms are large
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have stayed at the Blue Marlin Motel 4 times now, and every time I was fully satisfied with the staff, room, grounds, price, and location. Our room was a standard double. It was nice sized, with a 1 1/2 bath. There was a microwave and mini fridge. The air was ice cold. On our last trip to the Blue Marlin our A/C was not running right and they had a maintenance man to our room and the AC replaced within 15 minutes (with a BRAND NEW unit I might add). They have a free breakfast which consists of fresh fruit, breads, juices, and fresh coffee. The lobby is very clean and appealing. The staff is above and beyond professional, helpful, and kind. Their pool is HUGE and very clean. There are places to eat, shop for sundries/souvenirs, and rent bikes a very short distance away (easy walking distance). The staff was very knowledgeable about Key West and gave us great recommendations on where to eat. I would recommend this hotel every day to every one. Save your money for having fun while in Key West, don't spend it on a noisy, crowded, over price hotel on the strip.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Nice room at a great price. Adjacent to hotels that cost 3-4 times more. Walking distance to Duval Street and other attractions.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ccktfamily
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Booked online and wasn't expecting to be very impressed(due to being the cheapest room I could find in Key West). But we were pleasently surprised to find large, CLEAN rooms. The location was great! The motel is close to it all and we rode our bikes or walked everywhere for our 3 day stay. Staff was friendly and helpful. I will definitely be recommending to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank drfury
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Stayed here one night in May 2011 and would highly recommend. It was a 60's motel from the outside and parking was a little cramped but the room was very clean with a huge flat screen tv on the wall. Had two bathroom sinks with plenty of soap and towels. The pool was huge and open late so enjoyed a late night swim. The motel was quiet at night so no problems sleeping. It was near the southernmost point and away from the activities at the other end-about 15 blocks so its a hike over there but this place was very reasonably priced and didn't mind the walk to the other end of the island. The only negative was the continental breakfast which was very sparse so glad I had brought some breakfast items from home.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ralph1948
dBranham, General Manager at Blue Marlin Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments!

Reviewed 7 July 2011

I never get good vibes when I see "motel" in a lodging's name, but in this case I was pleasantly surprised. I arrived in Key West via bus and decided to walk to the Blue Marlin. It took about 20 minutes on foot on a straight path down Simonton Road, so assuming the weather is not too humid/sunny, it's a pleasant walk.

When I checked in, I asked about wi-fi and they said it was equipped. But, my room was too far away from the router. They gladly moved me to another (and bigger!) room closer to the router (and this was at 11 am, well before the 3 pm check in time).

The pool was crystal clear and, although I didn't have time to use it, it seemed to be quite popular. Air conditioning was probably the strongest I've ever seen. I slept like a baby with it on and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. They have free coffee/tea all day and a basic toast/pastry/coffee continental breakfast in the morning.

The front desk even faxed something I needed to get out quick free of charge. There's a Cuban food store/market right next door so you can stock up on food/beer. The only down side is the walk to the center of the action. If you don't mind walking, it's about 13 blocks or, better yet, for $10 a day, you can rent a bike. There are no hills and its quite enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the router if you need wi-fi
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo