“1 st time”

Ranked #32 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Panama City Beach, Florida
“1 st time”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

it was our first trip to Key West, the hotel was great, we did not have any problems. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I found this Hotel on TripAdvisor and after reading a bunch of great reviews and seeing the price I booked it on the Hotel's Website. Two days before I arrived, I got an email from the Hotel letting me know they were all ready for me. This was nice seeing I dont get this from some of the nice big hotels I stay in. It just started the whole experience off on a good note.

The hotel is very simple like I expected, but I got more then what I expected. The room and bathroom were very spacious and it included a microwave & fridge. I didn't expect that. You can tell the hotel has been there for a while, but everything seemed to be clean and up to my standards. We also had free wifi in our room which was an added bonus. The pool was private and was a very good size.

The location of the hotel is just a few blocks from the southern most point. Within a block there is a place you can rent bikes or scooters, and this is highly suggested to get around in Key West. There wasn't much parking, so once I got my spot I only left it twice, but like I said, most of the time I was traveling on bikes or foot. You are a couple blocks away from a beach, and most importantly you're about 10 blocks from the center of Duval Street. This was perferct because you could go out and have a good time and go back to the hotel where it is quiet and get a good nights rest.

As I previously stated, I wouldn't expect a lot from this hotel, but for the price, how could you? I would suggest staying here to anyone and I defintaly feel this is the best stay for the price in Key West.

3 Thank fairchild84
Reviewed 4 August 2011

All I can say, is that I do not understand how this hotel got so many good reviews since it is simply terrible, smelly and service was simply rude. I could not believe that I am visiting the famous Kew West. Terrible experience!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank SuperFalcon
dBranham, General Manager at Blue Marlin Motel, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Sorry that we failed to meet expectations. We will try harder!
Waco, Georgia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We choose this motel for our recent trip to Key West, FL. based on the reviews we had read and we were not disappointed. Our room was very spacious, clean, and everything worked just like it should. Well, the air conditioner was dragging a little but it was really hot when we were there. It did keep the room cool but next time we go we'll take a small fan along with us! Our room was a two-bed room (doubles) and had a microwave, mini-fridge, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, coffee maker, and an in-room safe. Towels & washcloths were nice and thick, no stains. The room was stocked with toilet tissue, tissues, soap, shampoo & conditioner, and coffee. There are two sinks and we really liked that. There is also a laundry room with washers and dryers on site however we did not use it.
The pool is in the middle of the parking lot and was very nice and well maintained. All of the staff that we met was super nice, very helpful, and knowledgable about the area. The motel is at the quiet end of the island and the beds were firm and comfortable.
The breakfast provided was sweet rolls, toast, fresh fruit, coffee, and juice. If a bigger breakfast is needed there is a little Cuban restaurant/store right next door and there is a restaurant called The Deli a few blocks down the street.
Parking is very limited and we didn't move our car until we left. We bought trolley tickets to get around, and there are scooters, electric cars, and bicycles for rent at various places around the island.
All in all it was a wonderful vacation and when we go again we will stay at the Blue Marlin!

gedsudski
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have stayed at the Blue Marlin Motel 4 times now, and every time I was fully satisfied with the staff, room, grounds, price, and location. Our room was a standard double. It was nice sized, with a 1 1/2 bath. There was a microwave and mini fridge. The air was ice cold. On our last trip to the Blue Marlin our A/C was not running right and they had a maintenance man to our room and the AC replaced within 15 minutes (with a BRAND NEW unit I might add). They have a free breakfast which consists of fresh fruit, breads, juices, and fresh coffee. The lobby is very clean and appealing. The staff is above and beyond professional, helpful, and kind. Their pool is HUGE and very clean. There are places to eat, shop for sundries/souvenirs, and rent bikes a very short distance away (easy walking distance). The staff was very knowledgeable about Key West and gave us great recommendations on where to eat. I would recommend this hotel every day to every one. Save your money for having fun while in Key West, don't spend it on a noisy, crowded, over price hotel on the strip.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Nice room at a great price. Adjacent to hotels that cost 3-4 times more. Walking distance to Duval Street and other attractions.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ccktfamily
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Booked online and wasn't expecting to be very impressed(due to being the cheapest room I could find in Key West). But we were pleasently surprised to find large, CLEAN rooms. The location was great! The motel is close to it all and we rode our bikes or walked everywhere for our 3 day stay. Staff was friendly and helpful. I will definitely be recommending to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family