“Perfect place”

Ranked #35 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
St Johns, Antigua
“Perfect place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stayed here for three nights in July. We had been looking for a reasonable priced place to stay for weeks prior to our trip and as the departure date got closer realised that we had to book. Found this place and read a few reviews, thought it was worth a try and booked it. When we arrived I thought it looked a bit dated, 50's type of place, anyway we got the keys to the room and took a look inside. The room was spotless, typical 'Holiday Inn' type of room but everything was good, AC worked (which we needed), bathroom was as clean as can be. The free breakfast was what it was, simple and basic but adequate. The maids were spot on, every day the room was as clean as a whistle. Can't fault the place for the money really, Duval St is one block over, bars & restaurants close by, Southernmost Point just around the corner, no worries.

1 Thank hawkeye3101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

I was in Miami visiting a friend and we suddenly decided to go to Key West.
We ran across this motel, very close to Duvall Street, they had vacancy, we like the place and the price.
Nice large room, good beds, reasonable bath. Staff was friendly and breakfast a little scarse, but after all is a motel, not a 4 star hotel ! Seems overall very well kept. Tidy.
Has a nice pool in the middle of the lot.
I would come back with family and/or friends for a summer stay !

Room Tip: try a room on the first floor, separated from the cars parked in ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
dBranham, General Manager at Blue Marlin Motel, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
We appreciate the comments. We want to be your preferred property for Key West! Thanks!
Hohen Neuendorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Very clean Motel with big rooms for families. New bathrooms´. Pool is clean, checked every morning. Breakfast could be better but OK. Very calm. Enough Parking Places. Near Duval street. Good walking distance to all attractions (depends on your condition)
Good and helpfull reception.You need a car to the national park.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thanks for sharing your comments here. We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your stay!
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

it was our first trip to Key West, the hotel was great, we did not have any problems. We will definately stay here again.

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I found this Hotel on TripAdvisor and after reading a bunch of great reviews and seeing the price I booked it on the Hotel's Website. Two days before I arrived, I got an email from the Hotel letting me know they were all ready for me. This was nice seeing I dont get this from some of the nice big hotels I stay in. It just started the whole experience off on a good note.

The hotel is very simple like I expected, but I got more then what I expected. The room and bathroom were very spacious and it included a microwave & fridge. I didn't expect that. You can tell the hotel has been there for a while, but everything seemed to be clean and up to my standards. We also had free wifi in our room which was an added bonus. The pool was private and was a very good size.

The location of the hotel is just a few blocks from the southern most point. Within a block there is a place you can rent bikes or scooters, and this is highly suggested to get around in Key West. There wasn't much parking, so once I got my spot I only left it twice, but like I said, most of the time I was traveling on bikes or foot. You are a couple blocks away from a beach, and most importantly you're about 10 blocks from the center of Duval Street. This was perferct because you could go out and have a good time and go back to the hotel where it is quiet and get a good nights rest.

As I previously stated, I wouldn't expect a lot from this hotel, but for the price, how could you? I would suggest staying here to anyone and I defintaly feel this is the best stay for the price in Key West.

3 Thank fairchild84
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

All I can say, is that I do not understand how this hotel got so many good reviews since it is simply terrible, smelly and service was simply rude. I could not believe that I am visiting the famous Kew West. Terrible experience!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank SuperFalcon
Sorry that we failed to meet expectations. We will try harder!
Waco, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We choose this motel for our recent trip to Key West, FL. based on the reviews we had read and we were not disappointed. Our room was very spacious, clean, and everything worked just like it should. Well, the air conditioner was dragging a little but it was really hot when we were there. It did keep the room cool but next time we go we'll take a small fan along with us! Our room was a two-bed room (doubles) and had a microwave, mini-fridge, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, coffee maker, and an in-room safe. Towels & washcloths were nice and thick, no stains. The room was stocked with toilet tissue, tissues, soap, shampoo & conditioner, and coffee. There are two sinks and we really liked that. There is also a laundry room with washers and dryers on site however we did not use it.
The pool is in the middle of the parking lot and was very nice and well maintained. All of the staff that we met was super nice, very helpful, and knowledgable about the area. The motel is at the quiet end of the island and the beds were firm and comfortable.
The breakfast provided was sweet rolls, toast, fresh fruit, coffee, and juice. If a bigger breakfast is needed there is a little Cuban restaurant/store right next door and there is a restaurant called The Deli a few blocks down the street.
Parking is very limited and we didn't move our car until we left. We bought trolley tickets to get around, and there are scooters, electric cars, and bicycles for rent at various places around the island.
All in all it was a wonderful vacation and when we go again we will stay at the Blue Marlin!