We've stayed in Key West before at expensive resorts, so we were looking for someplace to save a little money. We knew we'd give up some amenities, but didn't want to compromise on location (we wanted to stay near Duval).
I hope I can express this accurately: this hotel isn't awful, it just isn't for us. We are accustomed to a certain level of luxury and feel that we work too hard through the year to stay in a less-than-stellar room. We stayed one night and then upgraded to one of those expensive resorts. In hindsight, we should've known better. We've traveled enough to know you get what you pay for.
If you're thinking, "I just need a place to sleep because who spends time in their hotel room anyway?" then Blue Marlin might be a good fit for you. The location is good and it felt safe enough. But if you want any luxury at all, stay somewhere else. Just depends on where your priorities are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two-story Motel located 1 block from town center & 3 blocks from ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blue Marlin Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Marlin Hotel Key West
- Blue Marlin Motel Key West, Florida