“All you need....” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Chicago
“All you need....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

We exchanged our timeshare and ended up here. I was a little concerned because of other reviews but it was fine. Clean, really nice pool/hot tub...great bar looking out on the docks. Quiet, relaxing...nice people. We grilled out almost every night. Staff was friendly and drinks at the bar are CHEAP! Mimosas for $3.00! Negatives? Have to drive to downtown but only 4 miles...Unit was a little tired but we are really easy to please. Mostly it was the carpets, vents, holes in ceiling around sprinklers etc. Usually when we do timeshare exchanges there is a game room for the kids but there was only the bar and that was not an appropriate place for them. I was too busy fishing, boating, and swimming to really care. I mean, I wasn't buying the place.
Like I said, "all you need"

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

The property is newly and nicely appointed. Convenient location near downtown Key West and US1 to the Middle Keys. The staff particularly Nani, Jenny, Chris, and Mike made my stay very enjoyable. Extra special thanks to Nani

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kissimmee, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

let me start by saying I always try and give a review that is true and honest,not just based on what happend to me or my family

our family stayed here from the 16th of nov through the 23 we traded our home resort week through interval international for the week we stayed here.

check in,a nice lady named Nani checked us in,but we had a issue.
interval said they sent a email stateing that we needed a single level room as most of the rooms have 2 floors with both bathrooms on the top floor and they have a sprile stair case.well i can not climb steps and my son is in a wheelchair,but he can walk just not up steps or for a long time.

well when Nani said that interval did not let them know. i thought wow we have to turn around and drive back to kissimmee.she looked to see if they had anything and they did so we checked in to room 108.
our room,
we had 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms this was a ok room no thrills, IE no dvd player no washer and dryer.what it had a porch facing the pool with the hot tub.this room had many aircoditioning units under the master bedroom window,a small kitchen a small livingroom very small bathrooms(note if you are a plus size person as iam you will be cramped in the shower/tub). if you are in a wheelchair you could not get around very well in a unit like this.

getting to know the resort,

there are no resort activities or activities center,but there is a cute little bar called the boat house with the best staff,here they are,
Mike,Michelle,Barbi,Vernie,Marelis.
thease folks kept my adult children from going nuts... they do have fun things to do,oh the bar is not part of the resort it is owned by someone eles.

there is a boat dock where you can sit and watch the fish read a good book, wich we did very calming.
there are 2 pools one has a hot tub they are closed at 11pm ;o) or so they say. there were alwasy people in the pool untill the wee hours this was not a issue for me as i stay up very late.oh there are washer and dryers on the floor,but not free.there is a elevater,picnic tables and and gas BBQ grills.

i know that they have better units,around the office, the unit #'s are in the 400 i'v have a map of the resort in my review.

oh i almost forgot Nani told me they do have 2 AMDA handicapped units they are unit 109 and unit114 now i did not see the rooms for my self i'm only going on what Nani told me.

now to let you know why i gave the resort a 3 out of 5 rating.
we checked in on a sat that day and sunday where the BEST days we had at the resort!only if the rest of our stay was that nice.

monday morning,
started with very loud music pounding through the floor of our room.hubby went to see what was going on.well there was a construction crew under our unit blasting the radio,hubby asked them to turn it down they did then one of the men told my hubby if you think thats bad wait untill we start working.
hubby went to the office to let them know and he got a i'm so sorry and around of free drinks at the bar,i will say we did not hear the music again.
what we did hear every morning from about 8am through 5pm was over kill on the drilling with a impact drill it felt like they where going to drill through the floor of our room.
i could handle the swearing and even the cutting,but that drilling was OVER KILL!! then on friday they had a cement truck this was the icing on our stay they did not get out of there before 630pm.
OH I DID ASK TO CHANGE ROOMS,but was told they could not change our room.

i went home on sat the 23rd with a case of bad nerves and a very bad cough. i feel that this stay made me ill.

i hope for the sake of other guests that the construction is OVER.if not please change your plans or get a room change if it is still going on.

YOU MIGHT ASK ME WOULD I STAY HERE AGAIN?
YES I WOULD IF THEY OFFERD OUR FAMILY A WEEK TO MAKE UP FOR WHAT WE LOST ON OUR HOLIDAY.
WE LIKED THE RESORT VERY MUCH,JUST NOT THE CONSTRUCTION WORK..

well thats it THIS IS A VERY NICE RESORT with lots of old key west charm,but if you are looking for a 5 star resort then stay away.on the other hand if you want that out of the way resort that takes you back away from all the action then this is the place for you.

my review on keywest are soon to come.. i'm still feeling a little run down

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank davsbabe
Avon, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We own a timeshare here but would stay here even if we didn't. The location is not right in the middle of the action which makes it quiet. They have 2 nice pools and a bar next to the marina. On Sunday for the football games at the bar they had good drink deals and food for the customers. We took a kayak out one morning and went down the canal near there and back into the mangroves. We had an issue at check-in (at 3:30 AM) and the night watchman called the manager right in to fix it. The only negative would be that because we extended our stay at the last minute we had to change rooms for the extension. That was okay but the room we had to go to (407) was the problem. We would NOT stay in that room again. It was on the end, had no view of anything but a wall.

Room Tip: The efficiencies are just that. Go for a one or two bedroom if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M-CAvon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

This place was down right awesome! The scenery was absolutely gorgeous. I love the fact that there were two pools available for guests, and it was located on the more quiet side of the island. The staff and management went above and beyond my expectations. Yenisey Gomez was a big help. She single-handedly orchestrated rose petals and champagne to be delivered to my room, and set up while we were having our ceremony. Couldn't done it without you Yenisey! I would gladly recommend this resort to any and everyone!

• Stayed October 2013
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Was a wonderful week and great accommodations the balcony was the best. We enjoyed the sunrises from the Boathouse too. Had a laundry machine in our room. It was a quiet location and our balcony overlooked the pool and we gathered on it a lot as it was accessible from the bedrooms too. Advise renting a scooter or electric car - though we did bikes everywhere -down to Duvall Street is approx 4.5 miles and we took all side streets, and we also used public transportation which was handy. Part of our group was in the Apartment style condo which had the bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs. We prefer the unit we were in #101 as it was all one level and made for a wonderful gathering place. Nani at the front desk was so very helpful and always friendly!

Room Tip: Ask for the Condos that rooms are all on one floor overlooking the sunny pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathy A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Good organized when u get in late.
good shower, nice rooms, free parking, hotel is well located and well maintained.
Check laundries.
I was so tired when i arrived, after a 8hours drive i was so happy about this shower. People are nice. To bad the bar was closed.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo