“Great time share place”

Ranked #53 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Lincolnton, Georgia
“Great time share place”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Returned to my timeshare since November 2010. I found my new favorite of time of year now in the summer. I was impressed the unit was updated since my last visit with flat screen tv in living room and new sofa that was more comfortable. Jenny Gomez is awesome and she hosted one day a grill out during lunch talking with owners one on one. Can't wait to return in 2 years.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bigdog575_75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed here with my family for a birthday trip. The suites/apartments/condos whatever they are considered.. were clean, comfortable and just a quick drive away from the Key West attractions. The second floor master bedroom had a pretty view of a lake. I liked it :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lace H
Florissant, Missouri
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have going to Coconut Mallory every other year for the last 12 years. Always a great experience. Good 2 bedroom condo with full kitchen. The staff is always friendly and helpful. There is a very good pool, a marina, and an open air bar.

Room Tip: All rooms I have had are good, but I like the ones overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ross R
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Was my first time booking a place sight unseen via booking.com - we were extremely pleased! Had a 2 story unit with a view of the water. Price was great and had a fully equipped kitchen which helped with us cooking meals for our crew. Would stay there again for sure, our kids loved it too. Staff was incredibly nice - just loved our visit!

Room Tip: Request a 2nd room floor, near water.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen J
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came to Key West to celebrate our anniversary. We stayed in unit # 412 and were very happy with the unit!! The condo looked out onto the pool and was very nice inside! Everything was nicely updated with everything you could possibly need. The owner was easy to deal with and always accessible should we have any questions or need anything. Also, the condo was far enough away from all of the action 'downtown' so as not to be too loud or disruptive but was also close enough that we could easily get to and from wherever we wanted to be quickly and easily.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone considering a trip!!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Joanna G
Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

First of all, I want to preface this by saying I spent months reading and agonizing over some of the negative reviews this place got. I almost backed out of the reservations. We spend our summers in a gorgeous oceanfront condo in Tavernier and travel to Key West and stay at the Westin for a week to do the 'tourist' thing. (We live in Orlando during the year). This summer we decided to trade a week of time from our timeshare and found Coconut Mallory. I only saw one other room other than ours so I can't speak about other accommodations and the negative experiences other people had. But, I can speak about the one we were in.

I'm going to give the cons first-
CONS-
1. When we walked into the room, the furnishings were a bit dated. Things are NOT brand new in this unit. Only 1 paddle fan for the entire two bedroom unit and it was in the second bedroom.
2. After looking around before unloading our baggage, I noticed a 'swarm' of flying ants in the kitchen window. Termites? Ants? I'm not quite sure.
3. The bar does not serve our favorite keg beer-Miller Lite. LOL
4. It is a car drive to Duval and Mallory Square.

That's it foks. Those are the cons. And I'm used to staying at the Westin (which has had dated and chipped paint in their units as well).

PROS-
1. I called the front desk about the swarming ants before I unpacked anything and they were immediately on it. Noni even came down personally to view the window within a matter of minutes. They sent housekeeping and about 3 other employees down to clean, change the window screen, put a sealer on the window, you name it. When I still expressed concern, Noni immediately called Jenny and Jenny told her she would try to place us in another unit. Long story short we stayed in this unit and loved it. Never had another bug issue. Now that's customer service.
2. PLEASE read the website about what they supply!!! I overheard a woman in the office asking how she was going to clean the counter tops in the kitchen when cleaner wasn't provided. They give you enough kitchen supplies to get you started, but you may need to bring some of your own or GO TO PUBLIX!!!!
NO MAID SERVICE HERE!!!
3. The room is comfortable and in a great location to the marina. We spent very little time in the room and when we were there, we spent most of it down on the dock sitting at a table enjoying the beautiful summer breeze. Yes, even though it was 90 degrees, there was a breeze.
4. When I told housekeeping that it was warm in the master bedroom with no paddle fan, they immediately found a fan for us to use. (Thank you Jose). It worked out well.
5. What an awesome experience buying fresh fish right off the boat from the young men who came in every night after diving and selling their fish. What a great Key West experience.

If you want maid service, perfect furniture, a critter free environment, this place isn't for you. If you want to come and enjoy the familly friendly environment-try this. Check out the room first and ask lots of questions before booking. We will skip the Westin and come back here.

Thank you Noni and Jenny. (Loved the free donuts on Tuesday and BBQ on Sunday)
I'm already looking forward to next year.

Room Tip: Stay away from the street.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Kearney, Ontario
Reviewed 7 July 2014

First time visitors to Key West, we searched for accomodations on the Web and this resort appeared bright, cheery, well appointed and nicely maintained. Upon check in we were given a suite that faced a Brick Wall, there was no sunlight to filter in, the room did not remotely resemble the suite on the website. Clearly Bait and Switch to the unsuspecting visitor. No room safe an essential element for visitors to protect their belongings. Unsatisfied with the suite we asked to be switched and were flatly refused with NO Vacancies! We were dismissed, an treated badly by very unfriendly staff! Thank God we were only sleeping in the room and spent most of our days touring the Keys. Others at the property we spoke with were also not happy with the accomodations. Overpriced compared to other options in the area. Would not recommend this property to anyone, nor would we return there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple