“If you're OCD, you'll Love it”

Coconut Mallory Resort And Marina
Ranked #53 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
West Columbia SC
“If you're OCD, you'll Love it”
Reviewed 12 September 2010

My girlfriend and I drove 14 hours from SC and arrived at 5:00pm at the resort. At check-in, we were greeted by Rico, an outstanding Front Desk clerk, who was extremely professional and very detailed in explaining everything to us, and was able to answer all of our questions. Our room, 110, is a 2 bedroom/2 bath with a kitchen, and we were greeted with a clean smell as soon as we opened the door! EVERYTHING was clean, neat, and organized. Housekeeping presentation was perfect, from the bathroom towels to the silverware & dishes in the cupboards. I can truly say I have never been anywhere this clean before. I keep my own house this clean & neat, so it was nice to not have to get there and clean (I'm OCD). The pool water and surrounding areas were clean & trash free, as well as the parking lots. We didn't need room service, so I'm not sure how they are. Yes, the locattion is far from all the Duval St. "action", but we drove from SC so we had transportation, and really enjoyed the peace. I had read the reviews on here and was a little hesitant about what we would find once we arrived there, but I am completely satisfied with this resort and the staff. A definate recommend if you want to be on the island, but not right in the thick of the bustling daily Key West.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I recently went to key west to get married. I traveled with my wife, 5 kids (ages 8,7,6,4,4), brother, parents and my little brother. I got to see a 1 bedroom studio (405), a 1 bedroom suite (room 404), the honeymoon suite (room 408), and a 2 bedroom suite (room 101). Every one of these rooms were wonderful. Rm 405 small the full size bed is in the one room, there is no couch, small table, and a nice kitchen. This would be perfect for a business traveler. Room 404 has 1 full size bed in a private room, with 1 ½ bath, and a pull out couch. This room also has a small table and a nice kitchen. We enjoyed several nights on the porch relaxing with the scenery. Rm 408 This room is amazing as you walk in you noticed the spiral stair case going to the private bedroom and ½ bath. Down stairs you will find a pull out couch and an apartment size kitchen. Room 101 my parents stayed in this one. It overlooks the 4 ft pool. It has a wraparound porch, as you walk in the dining room has a very nice table for 8 in to a kitchen that is bigger than most houses kitchen, the living room had 2 couches, 2 full baths 1 bedroom had a full size bed. The master bedroom had a king size 4 post bed, walk in closet, master bath has a full size whirlpool tub, separate shower with 2 shower heads.
There are 2 pools, 1 of them is adult only till 1200 noon and is a 4 ft pool, the other pool is a 3-5 pool and a hot tub, this is by the kids playground. They have a very nice fishing dock. At the club you can get a cold one to rent a charter fishing boat.
The staff: prior to our arrival and during check in we always talked a young man that answered respectfully every question we could ask. After arrival there was a mix up on my part and Jenifer took care of me. She could have said sorry for you but you will just be cramped with you and your 5 kids but she didn’t and was very helpful. When I do go back Coconut Mallory is the only place I will stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2010

The resort was under construction and we were not told. Then on Thanksgiving Day the staff and all their family occupied the outside area and there was no space for the guests to enjoy the resort or pool....:( Plus, we had a dolly stolen from our truck and when we questioned the staff they were very suspicious.....

Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
Onancock, Va
Reviewed 14 February 2010

My in-laws own a timeshare here, so we've stayed at the Coconut Mallory a number of times. Our experience has been varied. Sometimes we've been placed in lovely, clean quarters. During those stays the staff was terrific. However, we have also been shown to apartments we refused. They were in disrepair, dirty and placed exactly where we had stipulated we did not care to be. During these stays it was evident the staff had turned over a few times.
Pros:
The landscaping and outdoor features give such a lovely feeling of privacy
2 pools
Away from the hustle of Duval
Quiet waterfront
Marina
A quick bike into town
Easy access to the bus
Reported to have new staff

Cons:
They no longer offer the shuttle to town
A bit of a walk to town
No Restaurant or Bar
The advertised Hot Tub hasn't worked in the past 5 years
Staff and Salespeople made personal use of facility in 2008 and did not want to share. The uncrowded atmosphere was turned into personal parties and disrespect.

recommending comes with a warning, stand up for what you order. Do not allow them to place you in an unacceptable room.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 31 January 2010

My brother-in- laws's timeshare was clean and convenient for easy travel and entertainment for 2 young adults to party downtown till morning on Duval St. For us older folks it was quiet enough and much better than many all inclusives we have been to. I had 2 cruises to Italy and Danube last year which were more tiring and hectic . Key West deep sea fishing and a catamarran sea trip to Fort Jefferson were exciting and fun. I think this is a perfect area to visit many times and can be reached by car if more time is available. The weather was around 60 to 70 degrees so not a scorcher in January but definitely better than snowy and cold Toronto in winter. Dr. Painless

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Toronto, ON Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2009

This is the first time I stayed at Coconut Mallory after I bought a timeshare there. I'm very pleased with the resort, especially the beautiful landscaping and the 1-bedroom loft I stayed in. The staff are very nice and helpful. I like the quietness of the place, very relaxing. I lt's unlike other resorts that are crowded with visitors. I'm going to come back every year from now on. The only problem I had was with the sofa bed, which is very uncomfortable. Also I need to figure out how not to attract so many bug bites all over my body!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Traverse city
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I have a bi annual Timeshare which i had not used prior to this trip. Its a studio unit which was in great shape and was very clean. The pools were nice although a little cool. The Hot tub was having some issues two of the days we were there, but was fixed midway through our trip. Overall the stay was pleasant, nothing to complain about

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple