My husband and I stayed at the Duval House for our honeymoon and absoutely hated it. The room was not clean. Toilet was filthy. Our room was tiny and you can hear everything that goes on outside your room. It did not feel private at all. The air conditioner smelled moldy and gave us a headache. The floors were not washed and our white socks got dirty walking across the room. Housekeeping isn't very quick about cleaning the rooms even w/the "clean now" sign on the door. For a B&B the breakfast was horrible. I don't know if I was expecting too much because they call themselves a B&B, but I thought the breakfast should have been better. The cold pastry and weak coffee was not appetizing. We only had the breakfast once since I saw ants by the pastry the first morning. The gardens were OK and the pool nice but the airplanes flying by were very loud. The flight patterns for the airport flew right above Duval House. We couldn't cancel because you need to pay in advance and pay a cancellation fee if you don't stay for your whole reservation. Parking is extra or you need to park in the street. Definitely overpriced. Our honeymoon was not as enjoyable because of our stay at the Duval House. We stayed at the Southernmost Hotel before our wedding which is excellent including free parking. I definitely recommend staying there. We wished we stayed there for our honeymoon as well instead of the Duval House. When we got home I wrote Duval House a letter regarding our complaints. They sent us a 20% off for our next visit, but we will not be staying there again. It would have been nice if we were reimbursed for some of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Duval House is the heart and soul of old Key West. Our bed and breakfast is the perfect destination for an idyllic getaway. The Duval House is a traditional, caribbean-style bed and breakfast centrally located at the midpoint of Duval Street in the heart of Old Town, Key West. We offer seven buildings overlooking our lush, tropical courtyard and sunny, newly-constructed pool. All of our rooms offer private bathrooms, overhead fans, Wi-Fi, air conditioning, and complimentary, continental breakfast. Reserve your stay at paradise and let us make your getaway dreams a reality at The Duval House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Duval House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duval House Hotel Key West
- Duval Key West
- The Duval House Key West, Florida