The Eden House is a wonderful hideaway. We opted for a “Loft” room, which opened to the pool area. It was very nice indeed. The bed was on the second floor of the room, up a narrow spiral staircase. So, if you have any mobility issues you may want a single floor room. The general atmosphere was laid back. Everything was spotless. There is a definite eco-theme throughout the resort. Duvall Street is a bit of a hike, so you may want to hitch a ride on a pedal-taxi. The Key West Express port is a very short walk, about three blocks. So, dragging your bags is a real option. If you chose to have the Porter service deliver your bags, they are waiting for you at the port. There were a few delightful unanticipated surprises that made the stay even smoother. We only had night available for us, because it was a spontaneous weekend getaway. The online booking required a two night minimum stay. Calling 1 week in advance they were willing to waive the 2 night minimum. We checked in at 3:45PM, and to our surprise, poolside happy hour started at 4PM… perfect timing. Eden House provides Vodka, Rum, Gin and the mixers for 1 hour. It’s a nice primer for the evening. And, on check out, we were told that we could come back to the hotel before we caught our ferry ride home to get cleaned up. A hot shower after a day of running around Key West was very welcoming. We certainly want to return and would recommend Eden House to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax In Old Town Key West! The Eden House's first priority has been to maintain a clean inn, offer a comfortable bed, reasonable rates and have a staff that cares. Next comes the heated pool and Jacuzzi, hammocks, porch swings, waterfalls, sundeck, free off-street parking, café and lush gardens.We will have a cold drink for you at check-in and our daily complimentary 'happy hour' is poolside. Then at 10 PM we will dim the lights and let you get a good nights rest. Our night staff will not put a mint on your pillow but they will walk the grounds to insure that you won't be disturbed. I have owned and managed the Eden House for 27 years. I like to think that my staff and me do the 'little' things that will make your stay in Key West a memorable one. Key West is notorious for it's nightlife. Whether it is a sunset sail, a snorkel or kayak trip or deep water and flats fishing, the waters of the Florida Keys are like no other. Just let us know when you want to go.Grab a good book and a drink and I'll see you in the hammock area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Eden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden House Hotel Key West
- Eden Hotel Key West
- Eden Key West
- Eden House Key West, Florida