We just got back from a stay at the Eden House 5/11-5/15. Some thoughts:
More funk. That's how Mike Eden describes his philosophy on the website (really, it feels more like you're staying at a friend's house as opposed to a hotel). Some things that stick out in my mind:
The hotel: What a unique place. Again, more funk. The landscaping and pool are stunning. We stayed in the lower conch house, and had one of the larger rooms on the property so we didn't run into the smallish rooms. But as many others have commented, they make it clear on the website that some rooms are small. The grounds are very well kept and clean. I loved the funny signs all over the property....just be sure to not leave your children unattended.....
The amenities: This really helps set Eden House apart. Just so you get an idea...free sunscreen "bar', free umbrellas for a rainy day, free fruit in the morning, free cocktail hour with mixed drinks and delicious watermelon in the afternoons, and on, and on...
The staff: I only had the pleasure of talking to Rich and Stephanie during our stay, but if they represent the rest of the staff, what a group. From the beers at check-in to helping with pretty much anything during our stay...they are a great group of folks. Rich makes some mean drinks during cocktail hour (even though he had a bad experience with Gin as a young lad...), and Stephanie knows how to pick some awesome poolside tunes. "Genuine" is the best way I can describe all the staff I ran into, and that is a real treat as a traveler, to feel like the staff cares about how your stay is going.
I will be going back to Eden House in my future Key West travels. This isn't a chain resort that is immaculate, and it doesn't claim to be. If thats what you're looking for, go ahead and walk on by to the Hyatt/Hilton/Best Western. Leave the funk to the rest of us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax In Old Town Key West! The Eden House's first priority has been to maintain a clean inn, offer a comfortable bed, reasonable rates and have a staff that cares. Next comes the heated pool and Jacuzzi, hammocks, porch swings, waterfalls, sundeck, free off-street parking, café and lush gardens.We will have a cold drink for you at check-in and our daily complimentary 'happy hour' is poolside. Then at 10 PM we will dim the lights and let you get a good nights rest. Our night staff will not put a mint on your pillow but they will walk the grounds to insure that you won't be disturbed. I have owned and managed the Eden House for 27 years. I like to think that my staff and me do the 'little' things that will make your stay in Key West a memorable one. Key West is notorious for it's nightlife. Whether it is a sunset sail, a snorkel or kayak trip or deep water and flats fishing, the waters of the Florida Keys are like no other. Just let us know when you want to go.Grab a good book and a drink and I'll see you in the hammock area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Eden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden House Hotel Key West
- Eden Hotel Key West
- Eden Key West
- Eden House Key West, Florida