“We stayed for our KW wedding and it was perfect.”
Review of Eden House

Eden House
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“We stayed for our KW wedding and it was perfect.”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Our whole family and wedding party stayed with us at Eden House to celebrate our wedding in Key West and it was a perfect choice. The staff goes way beyond the standard of customer service we normally expect and the atmosphere was fun, quirky and laid back. Our group had a wonderful experience hanging out at the pool together and enjoying free drinks at happy hour. We also loved the restaurant next door, Azur, who did our wedding reception and also provides poolside lunch delivery. When all of our guests left, we couldn't have asked for a better place to spend our honeymoon, especially since the location is quiet, but still close to Duval Street and everything cool in Old Town. We plan to stay here every time we come back to Key West... shouldn't be too long!

Room Tip: We loved room 402... VERY spacious with a nice, private deck.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank knoe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My boyfriend and I made a spur of the moment trip to Key West and when we searched online for Key West hotels, Eden House stood out among reviews. When we got there, we instantly saw why! The setting is gorgeous - the inside and lobby area has a great bed and breakfast feel and the outside pool area is your own tropical getaway. There are tons of little nooks and hammock areas outside and provided the perfect romantic setting but also was a great environment for families, friends, etc. The staff was so welcoming and nice during our entire stay and even offered us access to the pool and outside areas after we checked out. They have tons of recommendations for anything and everything you'd like to do in Key West. Overall, Eden House really made our stay a memorable one!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Meredith B
Lithia, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I took the GM of my company to Key West on the 22nd-24th of July 2011 for a refreshing getaway. We were hoping for some relaxation but were looking for some nightlife. We rented the lower level of the Conch House which was an excellent choice. We were going to stay in a condo at the Galleon but didn't care for the service we got over the phone. I stopped at the pool bar at the Galleon on Friday evening for a drink and I had rude service, and I couldn't bare the stinch. I nearly got sick. Neadless to say that experience confirmed that my choice in staying off the beaten path at the Eden House was a fabulous one. Richard and Nate were most friendly, from the first phone call to after checkout holding our bags for us. The room was fantastic. Huge bathroom, plasma tv. comfortable bed, private entrance from the side of the resort, and best of all, your own private patio and jacuzzi. I recommend using the pink taxi company. It is approx. 12 blocks or 12 minutes walk to Duval or else a $4 cab ride.

Between the wonderful experience we had with the Key West Express, and the above and beyond style service and the comfortable atmosphere we recieved from the Eden House. I am already searching my calendar for another weekend getaway to the Eden House this year. If I had to pick out two things I didn't like about the Eden House I would say I wish the poolside cocktail hour lasted for two, and I wish the Eden House were four blocks closer to Duval. However, it was nice to be away from the car horns, crowds, and street traffic that Duval brings. Thank you Richard and Nate for such a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you guys again soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank LimoJustin
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 7 August 2011

There are a couple of aspects of the Eden House that make it unique and an amazing place to stay. I would say the first of these is the staff. I knew the staff was special when Nate, upon getting off from work right as a bird was pooping on me, insisted that I wipe it off onto his shirt. Talk about chivalry! Seriously, though, everyone at the Eden House was so knowlegeable, friendly, and eager to make our stay the best it could be. Unfortunately, I'm blanking on some names as I waited too long to write this review, but Richard and Ryan definitely stand out as well! Another great thing is the free happy hour. What a great way to bring guests together for socializing! And finally, I was so impressed by all the green initiatives this place takes- the tourism industry can be so hard on the environment but the Eden House makes a concerted effort to do all they can to reduce this impact- cups made out of plant matter instead of plastic, natural cleaning products, affordable bike rental, recycling containers all over the place, etc. I highly recommend the Eden House to anyone traveling to Key West!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank julianas99
aprilmon1
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Stayed by myself in a small room. Perfect for me! About 6 blocks from Duval so a bike comes in handy. Great staff, fun pool, and happy hour everyday! I'd come again and recommend to friends!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank aprilmon1
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2011

As in "I have no reservations about recommending Eden House to you." If you have never been to Key West, please bear in mind that Key West is not Beverly Hills, though the room rates may make you think so. Rooms are not cheap. Rooms are not particularly fancy. Rooms are not . . . roomy. It's Key West, for crying out loud. Enjoy! Get out and walk around. BTW, if you drive into Key West and you're staying in Old Town, and if you see a free parking spot, park! Do not move your vehicle until you are ready to leave. Parking in Old Town is a challenge in itself, so if you are presented the gift of a parking spot, take it.

As to Eden House, I've stayed at several properties in Key West, including B&Bs, hotels, and condos. I'll go back to Eden House, and I can't say that about the others. My room was ready when it was promised, it was clean, it was comfortable, and it was kept that way. The property itself is quite pleasant, and the Eden House has a nice porch on which I sat drinking Mike's designer coffee, watching the wacky, wonderful weirdness that is Key West walk, ride, run, trot, or crawl down the street.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Mr-Nuke-to-You
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The staff are great and so welcoming; especially Nate and Ryan. All the little extras like the 24 hour coffee, water cooler, free daily Happy Hour, etc. make you feel pampered. The entire place is comfortably furnished and immaculately maintained. The only thing we'll do different when we go back is to stay in different room. Our small room was in the main walkway of the hotel and not very private.
We will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the first floor and on the second floor are more private.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple