“Key West Charm”

GreenLeadersSilver level
South Dakota
“Key West Charm”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was traveling solo and Eden House was perfect for me. I had a room facing the pool and it was a basic room but met my needs (as I did not need a fridge or such). I truly love the ambience of Eden House (and so enjoyed the hammocks situated hither and thither…one could always find a private place to read or such). The staff are all most agreeable and helpful when needed. I received excellent tips as to what company to snorkel with (as per my preferences) and there was sunblock and such set out to dab on for those who forgot and in need. It is a bit of a walk (to Duval) but I thought actually it is in a very good location. Good restaurants are near and the walk/area is through a very pretty area (i.e. nice architect with Southern charm)! At first , by the photo of its front, I wondered if Eden House would have the Key West charm of which I hoped…it did in spades.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank cybee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The service and facilities are great. The hotel and the rooms definitely have a character . The room we stayed was a bit small but very cute , clean and modern. People working there were friendly and really helpful. Definitely I will recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrei100
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Another great visit! Mike and his staff have perfected the ambience of this place. From the amazingly friendly and helpful staff (i.e. Laura) to the meticulously maintained property, the right music at the right volume poolside, and "happy hour", there is a vibe to this place that I have never enjoyed at another hotel. I wouldn't dare choose another property in Key West, and risk the disappointment. Notwithstanding the hotel itself, the location is ideal - in a quiet neighbourhood a short stroll from all of the delights on Duvall Street. We're looking forward to our next visit already.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank anreimer
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

1. tiny rooms
2. no fridge in rooms (there are some in more expensive rooms though)

Basically these were the only 2 cons, all the rest was great. People working there are absolutely charming, caring and wonderful.

great job, Eden House team!

1 Thank stanMoscow
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 November 2013

It is a great feeling when you stay at a hotel and don't want to leave. the property has so many places to relax, even though it is small, from porch swings to hammocks to poolside. Staff is very helpful with any request we had. Can't wait to return.

1 Thank Steve P
Martin, Ohio
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Laura welcomed us at check-in, offered us a beer(or soda), proceeded to show us around, pointing out the amentities, and then, as Laura suggested would happen-We met some wonderful new friends by the poolside happy hour, with plenty of time left to head to Mallory Square.
As I am an early riser-I found the tropical pool area with multiple layers of interest to be the perfect spot to enjoy my morning, and let my spouse get his beauty sleep. Would love to come back.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AlandSher
Austin, TX
Reviewed 1 November 2013

While visiting our daughter in FLL, we made a side trip down to Key West. We had already made our choice of the Eden House (thank you again Trip Advisor). But when we told local FLL people of our trip to Key West, almost everyone suggested that we stay at....the Eden House! We know why.

The hotel was built in the early 1920s, but was bought in the 1970s by the current owner who has over time added and improved the property. Contrary to some neg reviews we read on here, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Our room was directly off the pool. I'll be honest, from the online photos I did expect it to be larger. Perhaps the one above us (both had private porches) would have been better? Regardless, the room was clean and comfortable. It being our anniversary, we were quite pleased to find a chilled bottle of champagne in our room.

The pool area had several couples enjoying the tables and free happy hour when we checked in. As a more/less adult only property - it was not overly boisterous so being next to the pool was not an issue.

We walked the area the first night and ate at a restaurant recommended by one of our new "pool" friends. The next day we rented one of the MANY bicycles parked out in front the hotel. Again, contrary to other neg reviews, the bikes worked perfectly well. They are the old fashioned coaster brake type, basket and a bell! FUN.

Do stay here. We will definitely book another night or two when we return in a year or two!

Room Tip: Away from the pool and perhaps up stairs. Rooms are small, but there appear to be some that are a l...