“No other place to stay!”
Review of Eden House

Eden House
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Perfect location just off the beaten path, clean, well appointed and really no room alike. Five star service and attached to the best restaurant In Key West. A Win win win all around! Luv the room with the outdoor shower. Brilliant idea to keep moisture out of the room. We all know the island has enough of that. Can't wait to return :) now that I know smoke free property.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Eden House

Reviewed 11 December 2013

The hotel is a joy to stay at, with wonderful friendly staff, and a great location in Old Town Key West. We will visit again! The grounds may be the best part, with well maintained landscaping, a nice pool and hot tub area, and happy hour from 4 to 5 pm weekdays.

Room Tip: Beware that some rooms share a bathroom with others and that some are quite small. If one asks for a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulK6520IM
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Let me start by saying I am a travel agent and went to the Keys to educate myself on the area. I chose the Eden house because my husband found it on the internet.
As we approached the Eden house I noticed the charm of the south immediately. Laura at the desk greeted us with a warm and hassle free checkin . Offering us a free cold beverage. Connor then showed us around noting all the services that were offered. Connor showed us our room and graciously let us know if there was anything we needed to let them know.

The Location was perfect. Could walk to Duval and pier any time of day or night without problems.

Our room was small but had all the charm and cleanliness that was through out the hotel Queen bed, fridge, private bath. It was on the second floor just down from a lovely balcony that we would sit at night with a glass of wine.

Our room the last night (we decided to stay an extra night and the only available) was smaller with two single bed and a shared bathroom. I loved this place so much I would have slept on the hammocks outside it need be.
The rooms were tastefully decorated and extremely clean. Beds very comfy.

The hotel had a heated pool with a waterfall which we used each day. Happy hour at the pool each day from 4-5 was very welcoming. The pool area is a oasis with lovely palm and other flowering bushes. Extremely well kept .

The hotel is a quiet peaceful oasis. However the hotel was made even better by the staff that works there. Always pleasant helpful and smiling. Special thanks to Fritzy who truly is a gem. Thank you Fritzy for all your help and assistance while we were there but mostly thank you for the laughs we had together. We definitely will return.

Debbie Bernie

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I greatly enjoyed our stay at the Eden House. The courtyard area is even more lovely than the pictures on the website, with cozy areas, like a porch swing in a gazebo, to hide away. Our room was small, but had everything we could have asked for (we're not into watching TV on vacation, but I understand some rooms do have a TV). Free WiFi was readily available, the staff was beyond friendly and helpful, and the bike rental straight from the hotel made our short vacation extra special. Our room was one of the ones with a double bed and private bath. My only real wish would have been to have a queen sized bed, and the only negative was that the lights on the walkway outside the room stayed on all the time and made the room bright. They are probably for security and to make sure no one stumbles down the stairs, but perhaps room darkening shades are in order?

If I come back to Key West, I will definitely stay at Eden House again, although I would probably seek a room with a queen sized bed (I plan to be fabulously wealthy in the future, so maybe I could spring for one of the condos with a private patio... Hmmmm....).

I also highly recommend the hotel restaurant, Azur, which is not connected to the main building. The two meals we ate there were our best in Key West.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hellostar76
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a true comparison review as we spent one night at the Eden House and 2 nights at Casa Marina. In short, we enjoyed the privacy and service we received at the Eden House more than the pricier place up the street. While the view was better from Casa Marina (can't really beat being on the ocean), everything else was more inviting at Eden House. The room we choose was small but very neat and clean. The Eden house was very close to the harbor and about 3/4 mile from Duval St. but we didn't hear a thing at night when we slept. The staff at Eden house was very friendly and gave us some excellent suggestions for dining and activities. And while this is not a kids-free hotel, we did not see any kids running around (unlike the other place). I highly recommend this boutique hotel for its charm, ambiance and gracious staff. We will be back again soon! PS - take advantage of the guest discount at the adjacent restaurant, Azur, it had the best breakfast in town. Too bad we didn't get to stay for dinner!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DocinPA
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two nights in November, 2013. This place is very relaxed, clean and quiet. The property is gorgeous, nice rooms, nice pool. Very friendly staff! And it is close to everything, Duval Street is within walking distance.
Plan to come back next year.
Mike, NC

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Unfortunately, we only stayed one night at the Eden House, but still, we appreciated the experience from the arrival to the check out. The staff is nice and very careful. The place is comfortable, clean, quiet, and really beautiful.
The location is great, it's easy and quick to walk toward Duval street.
Plus, the hotel manager has an environmental consciousness that we liked.
It was a pleasant stay for all of us.
The downside is that once you've tried it, you want to go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family