“Individual property - fits in well with the character of the town”
Review of Eden House

Eden House
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 December 2013

There are a wide range of very different room types, this is not obvious if booked from a review or hotel broker sites. So check the actual hotel's own website first.

My room was a "private room", which is cosy, if quite small. However it was fine for my needs and well priced by comparison with others in this (expensive) location (Key West).

I was impressed by the laid-back nature of the hotel, with books on Buddha rather than Gideon bibles! It was quiet (which is what I wanted) during a slow week, I imagine it could be different during a busy one.

The poolside area is good, if a little crowded at times (and this was a quiet week). However there is another sun-deck as well.

The rooms have only venetian blinds and not curtains, I felt these were not entirely private (and they let some light through as well), but otherwise the compact room was excellent.

I did have a light bulb failure in the bathroom and it was not replaced otherwise the front desk service was excellent. The WiFi worked well.

I recommend taking breakfast at Harpoon Harrys (a couple of blocks away).

The location is excellent being walkable everywhere. I am not sure I would want to spend an entire week in Key West (I was there for 3 days) or indeed in any hotel in the "historic area" without getting claustrophobic - but this one is certainly an excellent choice to make.

Room Tip: Upper floor probably quieter, especially if facing the poolside.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Born-in-NW3
There are newer reviews for Eden House

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Haven't been to Key West in a few years, but the last time we stayed at the Eden House, we absolutely loved it! It was small, but oh so quaint. Rooms were small, but the staff was friendly, the beer cold, the pool cool, and the hammocks...delightful! The location was great, just a few blocks from Duval street!

Room Tip: Choose larger than the deluxe
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

AS the title states if I owned a hotel this is the way I would run a hotel. Honestly I could not come close to the job they do both in quality of how they take care of the guest or the quality of the hotel and the understated class of the property. This has become my favorite hotel destination. I can't say enough about the staff, both in friendliness and willingness to make the guest happy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank fknb
Reviewed 12 December 2013

It is hard to imagine a more perfect place to stay in Key West. The service is fantastic, decor is funky and full of local flavor, and the pool and spa area is a zen tropical retreat that is the perfect place to recover after a night of Key West revelry. It doesn't get any better for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My Wife and I spend a long weekend at the Eden house 11/30-12/3/13. very enjoyable and the rooms are very nice and clean. several categories of Rooms are available and the all have there own Charm. the swimming pool is fine and the Jacuzzi is relaxing. Next door Restaurant has excellent Food and for Breakfast we went to the "old Town Bakery" We enjoyed ourself and will be back in a couple of Month. The front Desk and eveyrbody is friendly and very helpful
Peter Schuetz
Peter1@carolina.rr.com

Room Tip: I recommend Rooms 301 and 401
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Perfect location just off the beaten path, clean, well appointed and really no room alike. Five star service and attached to the best restaurant In Key West. A Win win win all around! Luv the room with the outdoor shower. Brilliant idea to keep moisture out of the room. We all know the island has enough of that. Can't wait to return :) now that I know smoke free property.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The hotel is a joy to stay at, with wonderful friendly staff, and a great location in Old Town Key West. We will visit again! The grounds may be the best part, with well maintained landscaping, a nice pool and hot tub area, and happy hour from 4 to 5 pm weekdays.

Room Tip: Beware that some rooms share a bathroom with others and that some are quite small. If one asks for a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple