There are a wide range of very different room types, this is not obvious if booked from a review or hotel broker sites. So check the actual hotel's own website first.
My room was a "private room", which is cosy, if quite small. However it was fine for my needs and well priced by comparison with others in this (expensive) location (Key West).
I was impressed by the laid-back nature of the hotel, with books on Buddha rather than Gideon bibles! It was quiet (which is what I wanted) during a slow week, I imagine it could be different during a busy one.
The poolside area is good, if a little crowded at times (and this was a quiet week). However there is another sun-deck as well.
The rooms have only venetian blinds and not curtains, I felt these were not entirely private (and they let some light through as well), but otherwise the compact room was excellent.
I did have a light bulb failure in the bathroom and it was not replaced otherwise the front desk service was excellent. The WiFi worked well.
I recommend taking breakfast at Harpoon Harrys (a couple of blocks away).
The location is excellent being walkable everywhere. I am not sure I would want to spend an entire week in Key West (I was there for 3 days) or indeed in any hotel in the "historic area" without getting claustrophobic - but this one is certainly an excellent choice to make.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax In Old Town Key West! The Eden House's first priority has been to maintain a clean inn, offer a comfortable bed, reasonable rates and have a staff that cares. Next comes the heated pool and Jacuzzi, hammocks, porch swings, waterfalls, sundeck, free off-street parking, café and lush gardens.We will have a cold drink for you at check-in and our daily complimentary 'happy hour' is poolside. Then at 10 PM we will dim the lights and let you get a good nights rest. Our night staff will not put a mint on your pillow but they will walk the grounds to insure that you won't be disturbed. I have owned and managed the Eden House for 27 years. I like to think that my staff and me do the 'little' things that will make your stay in Key West a memorable one. Key West is notorious for it's nightlife. Whether it is a sunset sail, a snorkel or kayak trip or deep water and flats fishing, the waters of the Florida Keys are like no other. Just let us know when you want to go.Grab a good book and a drink and I'll see you in the hammock area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Eden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden House Hotel Key West
- Eden Hotel Key West
- Eden Key West
- Eden House Key West, Florida