“Home-y and Friendly”

Eden House
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 January 2014

So I liked the Eden House. It's very clean, very home-y, kinda reminded me of my favorite youth hostel in Switzerland from when I was a backpacker. The staff is friendly and helpful; my room was clean. I had an early morning departure and, the night before, the desk clerk ordered a cab for me for the next morning and suggested a wake up "knock," which I appreciated.

Yes, the rooms are on the smaller size. But you're really not in Key West to be in the room. And I had a balcony with two chairs and a table. There is complimentary wifi, water, tea, and coffee in the lobby -- all of it was very much appreciated.

In addition to Azur (the restaurant on the property), the Eden House is in easy walking distance to reasonably-priced restaurants, a bakery, and, of course, Duval Street. Luigi's delivers -- try the beet and goat cheese salad -- and the Schooner Wharf Bar is terrific.

I have not taken advantage of Eden House's rewards program yet, but I look forward to figuring out how to cash in my points and stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveller123Chicago

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed in room 108 and we had a king size bed and you could not go to the bathroom without hitting your leg on the wooden platform. Breakfast should be included since the price of the rooms are so expensive. The location and the parking are not that great, also.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizzy1016
edenhouse, Owner at Eden House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Lizzy1016,
I've said it before and I say it again, Unhappy Guest Policy! If for any reason you are not happy with the room or property, please get a refund and carry it on down the road in search of your happiness.

Secondly, that is a queen size bed in a Small Deluxe room, emphasis on the word Small. We wish it was a king though. Our prices are comparable to anything else you'll find in the heart of old Key West. As for our location, there are a good half a dozen restaurants within a block of us and its only about four more until you are at the center of Duval.

Azur offers our guests a generous 20% discount on breakfast and lunch, I hope you took advantage of that as it is one of the best breakfasts on the island. We think that the number of freebies and amenities that we offer more than make up for not including breakfast.

Most guest houses in old town don't even have parking. We may not have enough spaces for everybody, but they are free of charge and it is not guaranteed. Glad Laura was able to find a space for you when you checked in.

I hope that you find somewhere that better suits you next time you visit Key West because after all, what we want is for you to enjoy your time on our little island.

Happy trails,
Mike Eden

Reviewed 26 January 2014

What a blessing it is to be able to visit Key West during the cold CT winter! What makes it even more incredible, however, is to be able to return to Eden House. Each time I visit, Mike Eden and the gang have incredibly made the surroundings even more appealing than the year before - how is that possible?!. It's delightful that we can visit with staff that have been part of Eden House for some time - Elizabeth, Randy, Laura, Ryan, and Fritzie.......you make your guests feel like family. The rooms and property of this "green" hotel are immaculate. The room sizes are comfortable, and range from a cozy single to suites that sleep several guests. Lush landscaping provides a tranquil backdrop for sleeping in hammocks or unwinding in the hot tub. One of my favorite things about Eden House is how consideration and respect play a huge part in the experience of staying there. There is a "quiet time" from 10pm to 10am that works well - this is not a "spring break" hotel, or a type of place to continue a crazy Duval night. Although children are always welcome, you will not find a pool filled with 8yr olds having a water fight. What you will find is an amazingly diverse array of guests from around the world, who bring good humor, good conversation, and fun! It doesn't matter if it is your first time at Eden House, or your 30th time; whether you are a solo traveler or traveling with a group, you will feel comfortable. Eden House's convenient location to the waterfront and local attractions make it an ideal "home base". Restaurants abound within walking distance, and bikes are readily available from the front desk. Unsure about an activity for a day? Ask the front desk, they won't steer you wrong. Thanks, Eden House, for recharging our batteries -you have us looking forward to our next visit!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is our third time in Key West and the Eden House makes our vacation time special in every way. The staff, rooms and amenities make our stay comfortable and fun. Being "stranded" for a few extra days this year, Eden House's hospitality made our stay even better. There's no where else i'd rather be than here.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms by the pool are my favorite.
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Our eighth trip to Eden House and as always we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great location, friendly staff and immaculate hotel. Our departure from Key West was delayed for two days by snow in the Northeast. The hotel graciously offered us a "stranded guest discount" allowing us to extend our stay. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Key West!!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I've been going to Key West for 20 years and have stayed at many places but Eden House is by far my favorite. The rooms are on the smallish side but are very charming. Many come with their own porch and porch swing. The pool area and grounds are fabulous with lots of quiet nooks for relaxing. The staff is friendly and the other guests tend to be friendly, too. And you can't beat the location within easy walking distance of the seaport and Duval Street. Try the great restaurant right next store; we've never had a bad meal.

Room Tip: Ask for a porch deluxe room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deb65
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Have stayed here twice now and would recommend this to anyone. The rooms are just about what you want. Bathroom was huge...always clean towels and shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Good size pool, baby pool, and large hot tub. Never extremely crowded and always clean. The people that work there are extremely friendly and helpful. Beautiful trees and flowers surround the Eden House. Small gift shop but lots of stuff. Enjoyed the cocktail hour everyday. Within walking distance of Duval Street and other points of interest.

Room Tip: As close to the pool if you like to sunbath. They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family