“Just Wonderful.”

Eden House
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Eden House. This is a charming, quaint hotel for couples. I highly recommend it. It is located close enough to Duval street that you can easily walk to the action, but far enough away to be secluded. You walk thru the doors and into the pool and garden area, and it is like walking into a little slice of paradise. One big advantage of this hotel – they have a small parking lot, and parking space is difficult to find on the island. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doug B

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We just returned from two nights at the Eden House. We loved the friendly, diverse, welcoming setting. In general, the setting was perfect for adults, though our 13 year old son loved the stay. The heated pool and hot tub offered the opportunity to chat with the other guests. The afternoon happy hour with open bar encouraged mingling.

Overall, the Eden House is a quiet refuge from the bustle of sight-seeing in Key West.
(I especially enjoyed the private, outdoor shower under the trees!)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jen G
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I've visited here since I was 15 years old and my parents had a little vacation house in Grassy Key. My favorite restaurant back then was a Key West Cuban restaurant on Duval St. called The El Cacique that had the best Piccadillio. My husband and I have just discovered our favorite place to stay in KeyWest, the Eden House in historic Old Town. Our room was clean and cozy, lush landscaping poolside felt like paradise, and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. But most of all, we loved the character and charm of The Eden House that reminded us of days gone by.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sally V
Reviewed 28 March 2014

What's the hype??? I've traveled a lot - but this motel-style establishment was the most over-priced place I've ever stayed. No, it's not on the beach, no, it's not on Duval street, it's just an Inn near the action.

Negative:
- tiny, little room where it's even impossible to open a suitcase, at US$ 380
- bathroom with 2nd door to another room (which was locked)
- basin inside the room, directly next to the bed
- A/C so noisy you can't sleep
- furniture shabby
- only one receptionist who also takes the phone calls. So you might wait and wait and wait
- windows to the veranda which acts as the corridor to the other rooms
- some small black bugs on the bed sheets
- some of the staff really gives you the feeling you disturb them

Positive:
- car park free of charge
- some of the staff helpful

This place is a 'no go' in case you want some minimal luxury. Maybe it's hip for some people, but not for us.

Never ever again!!!

Room Tip: somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank HONkiev
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here in March during Spring Break. We were immediately welcomed with an adult beverage and shown small but clean and comfortable room with a porch and porch swing. Felt like we were staying in a little slice of paradise! I liked that the entire property was smoke-free. Slept well each of the five nights we stayed. The Eden House was close to all of the action to walk, but not in the thick of it. We will return!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jan W
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

The Eden House is highly rated for a reason. It delivers.
I was looking for a nice hotel that was close, but not too close, to the action on Duval St. The Eden House was perfect. It's conveniently located to all of the major points of interest yet just far enough away so as to offer some privacy as well.
We checked in late afternoon on a Saturday and received our first beers on the house. They also offer a nice little happy hour each afternoon.
The rooms are clean and well maintained. Add in a nice pool, hot tub & tanning deck and you've got everything you'd want.
I'd definitely return there.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank John H
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We booked at Eden House when we discovered that our first hotel was on the opposite side of the Island. We were instantly welcomed and it wasn't long before we were relaxing at the pool. 24 hour desk service people were so friendly--so exceptional. Beautifully appointed rooms. Helpful local guide book in the room. Everything was thoughtful and well done. This place has been around for years but it's up to date in decor and comforts. Stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014