“First Timer”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Palmetto, Florida
“First Timer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We came down on the Key West Express. This was all new to the six of us. Price for any hotel/motel in the keys was high and I was concerned about being in a nice place. Well, to get to the point, The Eden House was this side of wonderful. Will be back.

Room Tip: Loved the Hammocks.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here for one night whilst traveling through the keys. Our room was fairly small but this didn't hinder us at all and it had all we needed. The whole hotel is well kept and the pool area is lovely along with a nice hot jacuzzi. The staff were very welcoming and gave us a tour when we arrived. It is within walking distance of Duval St which offers bars, restaurants and gift shops.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I chose this hotel after an internet search. Often this can lead to disappointing results. In this case the real thing was so much better than I had expected. It is a beautiful hotel and the staff are just great. I hope to make a return visit at some point.

2 Thank Christine H
Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

There's really no other place in Key West like Eden House. Mike Eden is a super guy who somehow manages to have a staff that's the perfect balance of laid-back and professional. I like that another reviewer wrote "no pretenses". That's the perfect description. My wife and I have stayed at Eden House and I stayed here for a few weeks when I was in Key West on business. Either way, I can't think of anything they could've done better. It's quiet at night, but the fun of Duval St. is only 5 or 6 blocks away. It's nice, but not "fancy". The only thing I'd point out is that I understand there's no smoking on the premises. I don't smoke anymore, but if you smoke it might be something that you want to take into consideration. There's no place in Key West that we'd rather stay than Eden House. We always recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: Since this isn't a big hotel, you sometimes may be limited in what's available. We've do...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sean-Indy
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

for years we have been surfing the keys looking for a tiny get away close to the main attractions but tucked away in the quiets of the key west streets. we finally found it. Such a laid back staff, happy hour by the pool, and the perfect location, and did I mention they have their own bile stands right out front....now that we have found it we will definitely be going back time and time again

Room Tip: We stayed in several rooms, they all had their pluses and minuses
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 714cindee
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

The rooms were clean, the atmosphere perfect and so Key West, and the staff always aimed to pleased. Many rooms surrounding a beautiful pool, many hammocks, swinging chairs-the perfect place to relax. It was always evident how hard Mike Eden and the staff worked to make the guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We all thoroughly enjoyed our time at Eden House-hoping to return many times.

Room Tip: We stayed 4 nights on the top floor of the Conch House and loved it! Because we had all fallen in l...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was our third stay at Eden House and they always have gone over and above for guest satisfaction. We bought a package that included bikes, snorkel and sunset cruises and a lithograph... I recommend this package to everyone! Love the happy hour, I am a little bit of hermit but I really came out of my shell and socialized.