“Nice Out of the Way Place”
Review of Eden House

Eden House
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at Eden House for 5 nights in May 2014. This was my first time there. I got the feeling that many of the people who were there at the same time had been there before. The location is several blocks away from the hype of Duval street but close enough that you can rent a bike or walk and get there in a few minutes. I welcomed the idea of being a little away from Duval. Parking is a little difficult at the Eden House. There are only maybe 15-20 spots (and a few scooter spots) for the entire complex. We ended up having to park in a public garage one night because there were no spot by the time we got back to the hotel around 8 pm one night. Spaces always opened up early in the AM and very late at night (2AM).
The rooms are located in several different buildings on the property and they have every type of room from a shared hostel type of situation to a private house. I stayed in a small deluxe room. The "deluxe" gets you a TV (didn't turn it on once), queen bed (nice), and a mini fridge (also worth it). The room was in the main house but we did not face the pool. We were in room 112 and while convenient to get to right off the lobby area it would have been nice to have some type of view out our window other than the fence dividing this property from the adjacent property. Wasn't a huge issue though since we didn't really spend too much time in the room other than to sleep. A note about sleeping... although we were right off the lobby we had no trouble sleeping in until noon. ;-) Their website does not lie - the rooms were small BUT certainly adequate for our needs (just two small adults). The only thing I think that could improve the room was to have more hooks on the wall since there really is limited shelf and floor space.
The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. Right when we arrived we were welcomed with a nice cold beer and shown to our room. We dropped our bags and were provided a quick tour of the property. The pool is small but nice (no lap swimming here). There were only about 10 - 12 lounge chairs available and two umbrella tables with 4 chairs each surrounding the pool. There were other tables, chairs, hammocks and places to sit a little further away. The grounds surrounding the pool and the hotel and very lush and green. Lots of nice shade. Really quite comfortable and relaxing. All in all it was a great stay and I would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: When you book they say that they can't guarantee you a specific room until you check in but I th...
3  Thank BaltmoreHokie

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Our stay at Eden House was a great surprise. First of all, my girlfriend and I booked the room last minute to stay in Key West on St. Patrick's Day weekend. Even last minute, the price for the room was comparable to that of a room in the hotel chains. I was pleasantly surprised that they had room considering many other places did not have rooms available at the time of booking. Upon arrival to Eden House, we were given a warm greeting by the desk staff and was offered a complimentary beer. We were shown around the property, including the sparkling blue pool, couple's swings, and hammocks. Not to be outdone are the full, green foliage and tucked-away coy ponds.The rooms are cozy and free of noise from the outside and neighboring rooms. All rooms have direct access to the inside of the home, as well as the outside, allowing guests to come and go as they please.The room was very clean. It included a queen or double sized bed, a refrigerator, and a full bath. The last great thing about Eden House is that they offer a daily free happy hour by the pool for all guests. Overall, my girlfriend and I had a great time and will be coming back again in the future!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rugbyck50
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Only booked in for two nights but wish we could have stayed longer! Really friendly staff,great service, amazing outdoor area to chill...We loved the hammocks! Had lots of info on the area including restaurant menus. Nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel right at home... Felt more like staying with friends rather than staying at a hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flip78W
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was not my first choice in terms of where to stay in KW- my husband and I had unredeemed Hyatt points so debated staying there, but ultimately followed our friends to Eden House for a 3 night stay. I wasn't sure what to expect..... it is perfect and I love being wrong! What the photos don't convey is the culture- the unbelievable staff, the friendliness of other patrons and the location couldn't be better. The room was clean, fridge was fantastic and the bed is comfortable. Would my room at the Hyatt have been nicer? Maybe, but knowing what I know now, I wouldn't trade my Eden House experience for anything. I look forward to many, many more trips to EH in the future. What a blast!

Room Tip: Our room by the pool was lovely- and not noisy at all.
1  Thank Katelewis97
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Beautiful property, clean rooms, more amenities than you could want from a small local place. Prices are reasonable and the staff is fantastic. Best restaurant in town attached. Walking distance to everything but secluded enough you can get away from the crowds. Stumbled upon it on a road trip and already booked for next year. My home away from home for years to come.

Disappointment? I can't just move in and live there.

Room Tip: Rooms here accommodate from single on a budget to deluxe apartment. Something for everyone.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jennifer N
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We came down on the Key West Express. This was all new to the six of us. Price for any hotel/motel in the keys was high and I was concerned about being in a nice place. Well, to get to the point, The Eden House was this side of wonderful. Will be back.

Room Tip: Loved the Hammocks.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here for one night whilst traveling through the keys. Our room was fairly small but this didn't hinder us at all and it had all we needed. The whole hotel is well kept and the pool area is lovely along with a nice hot jacuzzi. The staff were very welcoming and gave us a tour when we arrived. It is within walking distance of Duval St which offers bars, restaurants and gift shops.